Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here feed Nature's Variety Instinct chicken canned, and is it supposed to smell absolutely awful? I fed some to my cats about a month ago, and they liked it. My local store stopped carrying it, so I ordered a few cases on petflow.com. Well they came in a few days ago, but it smells horrible, it's so bad I can't breathe through my nose when I portion it out. They're licking their plates clean, but I've come home to kitty puke every day the last three days now (well actually, just wet spots on the carpet because Crackle always eats the other cats' vomit). So I stopped feeding it. I don't remember it smelling so bad the last time we fed it, and they didn't puke then either.

Anyone else notice a change with this food, or has it always been this smelly? I notified the company by email tonight, it's from a lot that expires Sep. 22, 2013.

·
Premium Member
18,382 Posts
Are the cans dented/damaged? It's possible the seal has broken...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was one can dented in the side. The rest appear to be in perfect condition. We went through I think 6 cans of food, all from the same case, all with the same awful smell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts