Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dylan moved as I clipped the last of his back claws just now and it cut too high up and it's bleeding :(

Simon is telling me not to panic/worry because it doesn't seem to bother him, but of course, I am!

We tried to put a protective dressing on that foot with a tiny bit of padding but it came right off.

I know it may get infected if I am not careful... I am off to change his litter after this but what should I look for? Should I take him to the animal hospital?

·
Premium Member
28,614 Posts
Hayley, a styptic pencil should stop the bleeding. Call the local pharmacists, and see who carries them. Dylan might be a bit wary of getting his claws clipped, but hopefully, with time, he will trust you to clip his nails without struggling. Poor baby...(poor wee beastie.)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He has always wriggled :p Thats why Simon helps me usually...

I don't think anywhere is open at this time of day - will it be ok overnight?

The wee heathen is running about playing fetch right now :roll:

·
Premium Member
28,614 Posts
I think tomorrow would be fine. In the meantime, just keep it clean. It's such a small area, the pencil will be helpful. You'll have it in the house if it's needed.

Men used to use it if they cut themselves shaving. It's effective, even if old fashioned. I think electric razors are the reason we don't hear about them as much as when I was a child. My dad used a safety razor. Come to think of it, it would be helpful to us women!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Don't blame yourself, it really was just an accident and I am sure he will forgive you.

This has happened to me before with Huggy Bear...and he was fine...a little nervous next time i went to cut his nails but he is fine now and it didn't get infected or anything so hopefully this will be the same with your baby.

It really is ok and your not a bad mommy at all....your brilliant!

Eva x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts