Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came in tired after working out back, decided on a rest and lay down on the bed. Missy decided on one as well (what's new? :p ). I was in one of those states, half asleep, half not asleep. Certainly not awake, when Missy suddenly jumped up ready for battle; back up, claws extended. She looked around as if startled, then came to me for comfort when I called her. A little petting scratching her chest and then she pushed my hands away and went back to sleep.

I think she'd had a bad dream. Anybody else ever had experience of their cat having a bad dream? Can't call it a nightmare as it wasn't night.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Casper, one of my bridge kitties did something like that once. He was a very gentle white boy, never would bite or scratch. He was sleeping with my mother-in-law one night and woke up and viciously attacked her. We always thought he had a bad dream because it was so out of character for him and it ended as soon as he was fully awake.

·
Super Moderator
26,806 Posts
Cleo talks in her sleep, and wakes herself up. And wakes me up, too.

Sometimes, she seems very distressed when she wakes up, so I pet her and talk to her to calm her down.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Dreams? MowMow twitches and growls sometimes in his sleep. When I'm good mommy I stroke him and talk to him until he calms down and relaxes again.

...If I'm BAD mommy then I manipulate his body into funny poses so I can laugh at him or drum my fingers gently on his sides when he's twitching and he gets really riled up and jerks harder and growls louder...until he wakes up and then gives me judgmental stares.

I promise, I'm good mommy more often than bad mommy :p

·
Super Moderator
26,806 Posts
That's just so wrong.

(and funny)

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Prince never has bad dreams that I can outwardly see. Princess Gatita on the other hand, maybe because she always sleeps next to me, I've observed a couple bad dreams, yes. She dreams that she's sleeping and someone is attacking her in her sleep, because she then enters defensive mode, extends her paw to scratch, wakes up, sees it's me next to her and goes back to sleep.

However, katlover, your case could be explained by telepathy: you put that idea in her mind. (totally joking here) :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts