Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at this vaccination clinic today when two ladies with two huge black labs came in and stood on the line behind us. The labs were so big they looked like overweight rottweilers.

Anyway. They sort of sparked a conversation with something like "There's a snack for them right there," while pointing at my cat carriers.

Har Har. VERY funny.

I kept myself between the dogs and my kitties. No way I was gonna let anything happen to my babies.

Did they think I'd find that amusing?

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Maybe they thought they were being funny, but I would not have appreciated their brand of humor either.
One of my husband's friends has a German Sheppard, and he has joked about bringing her over to "play" with Velvet. Very funny. He is kidding, but I don't like it. Some dog owners seem to be like that.
I am glad your kitties were in carriers. Of course, they probably could have easily outrun those fat dogs! :wink:

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Yeah, I hate stuff like that, too. I get some comments on the cats, not too many though (whenever people start a "cat hating" conversation, I either walk away or calmly share my opinion).

I get a lot about the rabbits, all revolving around eating them. It's sick :evil:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Oh that would be so annoying, but if I heard something like that, I would just say that the dog would have to get through my 70 pound dog first because he would not like it if somebody hurt his kitty. He thinks he can torture her, but if someone (other dog) goes near her, he kind of gets huffy and protective. I guess it is that brother/sister thing. She is mostly indoors, but we have had other dog visitors, and I have seen them try to sniff her and he jumps in front of her.

I am sure they thought they were being funny, but I bet if you had joked about their animals in some way, they would have seen how very UNamusing it was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts