Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Skylar's trouble. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Trouble trouble trouble!

She's got quite the little attitude lately when it comes to being naughty. Waiting until I'm WATCHING her and looking like "are you watching? I'm gonna do it... I'm reeeeeeally gonna do it!"

Her cat tree is in the corner. Hanging on the wall is this sun, star, moon wooden decoration thing that kind of looks like a windchime with all sorts of dangly things on it. Once she discovered batting it around, she never stopped.

I finally turned her tree so its in the same corner but *thought* she couldn't reach the decoration. Now, she sits on the lower level while I'm at the computer next to her and stares at me then streeeeetches out and bats at it.

I can sit here for 10 minutes. Every time she starts I either clap, yell or something else to get her to stop. A second later she's back at it. Oh its such a fun game.

Then I did something stupid. I had a pen in my hand so out of frustration, I threw the pen cap at her. Oh it was so wonderful of me to toss her a toy to play with for being so good and batting at the wall!!

Now she looks forward to what sorts of presents will fall from the sky for being bad kitty. She's driving me crazy.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I really wouldn't be worried. I would enjoy the peace.

Its not so much that she does it, just that she insists on doing it ONLY when I'm right there to see it.

The counters she surfs all the time, and she's constantly finding socks, bras or underwear to carry all over the house when she's alone, and she's taken a liking to chewing on my watch.

Its just that sitting there and staring at me while she wacks at the wall.

I really should video her.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Skylar just wants you to play with her. She is so misunderstood, poor baby! :) She's not being mean or trying to cause trouble, she wants you to join in her game, or find another game to play with her. That is why she looks at you when she's "bein' bad", Jessie. She's looking for her big skin-playmate to join the fun. :wink:

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
That's very perceptive John. I think you're right. However, we humans can't be at the beck and call of our cats 24/7. We might joke about being cats' slaves, but in reality we have things we need to do and lives to live and our cats have to just get used to it.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
You're right, of course, Tim. But you can usually find a few minutes between chores to have some fun with a kitty. :wink:
I've learned Arianwen's,"Come play with me!", signals. And she has learned that when I tell her, "We'll play when I'm finished so-and-so", that in just a few minutes we'll be having fun together.
I make it a point to always play with her when I promise. That is part of the trust we share. :luv

1 - 8 of 8 Posts