Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I'm putting this in the right place.

Last night I decided to put Addison's Soft Paws on. With the assistance of my friend Joy who has lots of kitty experience. I held him while she clipped his back claws. She was saying they looked really bad and were splitting like crazy. I noticed a dark line running up the top of them and they weren't clear like I've seen pictures of.

Also, he really didn't have a problem once we put the paws on, he was just mad at us the rest of the night :oops: lots of whining and crying and hiding his head in my arm the whole time we did it, followed by "I can't BELEIVE you did that to me" looks afterwards. He wasn't grooming there or trying to get them off or anything.

I think all but one are still on, but the one I found in the carpet today had pieces of split nail stuck inside.

Is this a really bad problem? and if so, I can I try to get his nails in better shape?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Is he declawed in the front? I wonder if he is just not maintaining his nails well himself since he isn't in the habit. Not a whole lot you can do to help the situation except keep them well trimmed, which you will sort of have to do with the Soft Paws anyway. If there is any goo or gunk around the claws (goo and gunk are highly technical veterinary terms, similar to "schmoo"), though, have your vet check him.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, he's declawed in the front. He was before I got him. I'm sure it isn't that bad... I hope not anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts