Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this thread is a little distastfull. First of all I have never heard of a cat "humping" things, this is a dogs trait. I also do not really think it is very well worded, even if it was a legitement question.

What do you guys think? It seems to me like a kid fooling aound. I think at the very least it should be reworded? I just wanted to get some opinions first as it already has had some responses.

http://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6201

·
Registered
453 Posts
Having seen this type of activity from a former cat, even though neutered, the description is accurate. In fact, I could see a concern, particularly if it was occurring around friends or children. The curiosity as to whether the act resulted in full culmination might be a bit on the excessive side.

As for the terminology, and method of describing and inquiring, I doubt that everyone has the ability to phrase it delicately. While not offended by it myself, I would think the measure of acceptability would be determined by whether it's considered as being asked properly for a child friendly forum.

As long as the replies are still being respectful and serious, I've no problem with it being there.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
I am not offended by the question because my son's cat was not interested in females, but while I kept him, he would jump on my lap and attempt to do this to my arm. He never went near my other cats, so it was not to show domination. (my dogs, even the females, did that; it was not sexual.)
. However!
That said, the crude language and description of the completion of the act is vulgar, and, I believe, should be edited. I will write to the posters and ask them to edit their own remarks--before I do it. Strange, on another site, not nearly as family friendly as this one, this subject was discussed in a completely non-offensive manner.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Yeah - I wasn't sure what to do when I read that. I apologize (as I replied). I did think it was a bit offensive, but a natural guestion. Has anything been done? I meant to PM him/her but we had an impromptu meeting at work right after I posted and I forgot about it.

·
Registered
863 Posts
also I was sorta unsure if the slang terminology was there because of nervousness to discuss an uncomfortable issue. although unacceptable when another term that could be used to the whole "rocks-off" thing is "let him finish".

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
I received pleasant PMs from the woman who started the thread and the person who asked for a video. She said she tried to delete the post, and was told that she could not post, edit, etc., but that was her error, she told me. So I edited it, and tried to keep her question clear. Noone has posted since. It's a legitimate subject, but maybe I frightened people away.

The only puzzling remark was that the author of the thread said she saw the section on Jokes, and assumed we were an adult forum. :?: I told her that if we had missed an offensive post, we would take care of it promptly. I hope we didn't miss anything important.

There are loads of "adult" sites for people looking for them. Why would they expect that vulgarity would be accepted in a forum about cats? That's not why I joined!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will try to keep a closer eye on the joke section from now on to be sure it isnt getting negitive responses.

I am glad I asked before I did anything, because I did not even know cats did this! I guess I learn something new everyday.

Thanks Jeanie :D

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Just to clarify things, the original post wasn't so bad, so I don't blame Bean from being cautious. It just got more and more vulgar. We don't want people to think we're dictators. I do think that if you don't want to hear it from a child, it shouldn't be posted. I believe those new members didn't know we were rated G! :D

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Jeanie said:
The only puzzling remark was that the author of the thread said she saw the section on Jokes, and assumed we were an adult forum. :?: I told her that if we had missed an offensive post, we would take care of it promptly. I hope we didn't miss anything important.
What a odd statement?! I went back though some recent posts in the kitty humor section, I can't imagine what would give anyone the impression we are anything other than a G rated forum. :?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Why would any reasonable person think this isn't a G-Rated forum? 8O Ah well, glad the problem seems to be resolved.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts