Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
great that everything went well, very proud looking mom, kittens are such a joy to watch grow up.. take lots of pics ..

·
Premium Member
7,857 Posts
You will LOVE this process! Don't bother mom and the babies too much the first 2 weeks but get in the habit of handling them daily (shouldn't be too demanding a task!) after that. They are gorgeous! Are they as brown as the picture shows? If so I've never seen kittens quite that color before.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will LOVE this process! Don't bother mom and the babies too much the first 2 weeks but get in the habit of handling them daily (shouldn't be too demanding a task!) after that. They are gorgeous! Are they as brown as the picture shows? If so I've never seen kittens quite that color before.
It is pretty cute Marcia, after I took a few pictures I sat in the futon in the kitten room to put some pictures on Facebook. Bailey came over and grabbed my hand with her teeth. I got my hand loose and she did it again, by the third time I thought I am going to see what she wants so she started dragging my hand. What she wanted was for me to come over and sit with her while she nursed the babies. Bailey is a love.
At first the babies looked really light colored but the two buff colored ones look darker. I can't wait to see them when they get bigger. I think they are going to have unusual markings.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Awww so cute! Baby kittens are so sweet...I could spend all day watching our kittens! Wait until they start acting all kitten like about 3-4 weeks!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
OMG - I have NEVER seen a cat colored like Bailey! She has much lighter markings than any tortie I've ever seen. She is absolutely STUNNING! I am literally speechless. I'm so glad her delivery went well! :luv

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
She looks like a pointed tortie to me, her markings being darker on her face, legs, and tail. I'd bet the brown/beige kittens will be pointed as well since the points don't show up until they're a few days old I think.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Bailey is so so beautiful! Her kittens are gorgeous too and I can't wait to see how they develop. So excited for you.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Gorgeous Bailey has very rare coloring...very unusual....yes definitely tortie, but with point color too!...it will be very interesting to see how the kitties turn out.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The babies are three days old and they look healthy and strong. What amazes me is that even at that age they have distinct personalities. The darker colored baby is the bully, he doesn't mind batting someone on the head to get to his milk supply. The lighter colored ones is the smallest but still feisty and the biggest, the white one is the mellow one. Mama Bailey excels at being chill and wanting me near her and the kittens. I am in love with this little family.
http://i.imgur.com/FTMwGd7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ehf4ppP.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Oh, I do love tortie cats, especially when they produce offspring to see the colour kitten they have. They are just simply gorgeous, keep us up to date as they grow.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh they melt my heart! How will you let them go?
I know! My friends and neighbors from across the street came over to see Bailey and the babies. Bailey was just a love bug purring and being affectionate. They just fell in love with her. They lost their cat a few months ago (complications of diabetes and kidney issues) so I am really hoping that they adopt her when the time comes. I would like to find her a home where I can be sure she will be loved and where I can see her again. Although to tell you the truth I want to keep her myself. I don't even want to think about the babies getting adopted yet!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts