Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to let the cats out onto the balconey today. It's really small, and although they aren't supposed to be in the building I was airing a quilt so they were pretty hidden, and I was reading outside to keep watch. And I've recently been seeing my neighbours letting their cat out on the balconey, so at least I'm not the only one. (There are at least 5 other cats in the building I've seen in windows).

Anywho - here's some pics. It's very crowded, sadly (my chair or knee is in most of the pics). They were both fighting for the spot under the BBQ stand (also blocked on one side by the quilt I was airing). I brought them back in eventually because Julia actually tried to squeeze through the bars - GOD knows why - and I'm 3 floors up. Moby would never be able to. They're so mystified outside. Well - not Julia - she's used to balconey life.

Awww - Poor Moby with battlescars on his face.

Julia under the BBQ

Look Up!

I wish they were like this all the time...

Julia Close-Up

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Moby is killing me with that sweet chubby face...and then - oh boy, battle scars sounds rough ! Is Julia being a toughy with him?
I can see they are pleased with their outing - it is great you can offer them a little bit of something different than just the indoors

·
Registered
552 Posts
They are such cute kitties.

Who remembers the pictures that Craig posted last winter, with snow clear up to HERE???

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
They're soooo pretty. I wouldn't worry if I had a big cat on the balcony either b/c they can't fit through the bars but my cats never tried to go through them so that was good.

The up close pics are really good. What kind of camera are you using? They can be really professional looking :!:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the photo props - it's just a Kodak 2 megapixel camera. I think I've just gotten used to using it.

Moby can't fit through the bars, but Julia could I think. The only reason I'm paranoid is a couple apartments ago when I was roommates with Julia's old dad, she would sometimes crawl between the banisters on the stairs and walk up the wrong side on the tiney ledge! She fell off once, and 3 stories would be a much further fall.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I wish I could too, the downstairs neighbor screened in their porch but she's like 93 and im sure the apartment complex gave her special permission. She's always out there with her orange longhair kitty watering her plants. I made the mistake of asking her about the cat once and she picked it up (it was very overweight and she is VERY frail) I thought she was going to fall over!!!

Youre kitties are sooo beautiful out on the porch! If I were you I'd frame those pics!

·
Registered
22 Posts
nice pics craig.. i've still gotta come over and see them together in action.

my newly introduced cats have been keeping me up all night chasing each other's tails.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts