Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I noticed that Dunga has a small bald spot on her back leg - it's right at the "knee" where the joint is - between upper leg and lower leg. Basically, there is only bone (the joint) - no meat or fat.

It's not a big place - I would say smaller than 1 centimeter. It's completely bald...there is no hair at all.

Why does she have this? Is she sick? I should mention that she is about 7 months old now, female cat.

thanks!

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
Cleo has bald patches on her hind legs too, but it sounds like they are slightly lower than on Dunga. Her patches are just below the "knee" and have become more prominent now that I take her out everyday on her leash. The vet told me that they were just calluses and were not a concern. Perhaps Dunga has the same thing? They are only about 1/2 cm below the knee joint...

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Velvet has the same thing, it's been that way as long as I can remember. I have never worried about it just because it has always been that way.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for replies! :)

Oh, really? So maybe it's just something normal and I shouldn't be worried. I will keep an eye on it and see if it gets bigger or something...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts