Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while but I finally found some time to take out the camera.

"LLLLLLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!"

·
Registered
159 Posts
Lovely!! They look good together.

How old is Baxter already? He's looking quite grown-up! Altho I don't recall if you adopted him as a baby...

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
They are so cute!! Barnaby has always been a favorite of mine anyway. Baxter looks like he is fitting in quite nicely. :)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Awww...they're so cute! Are they getting along well? (It looks like they are from the first pic)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I'll never know how old Baxter is because the shelter did not know how old he was. If I had to guess I would say 9 months to a year but who really knows.

I haven't seen them actually cuddling yet. They are close on the first picture but not what I would condsider cuddling. But it's pretty warm here so I'll wait for the cooler weather and see if I can get a picture then.

They seem to get along well enough. They have their wrestling matches like in the bottom picture but no hissing or growling. :)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Awwww I just Love Barnaby! I'm glad he has a friend now. I hope Psi and Sigma grow up to look just like him.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
They are so pretty together. I must be out of the loop, I thought you weren't going to adopt another cat for fear Barnaby wouldn't be the same......did u adopt recently :?:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I adopted Baxter about 2 months ago. I just felt that Barnaby needed a playmate because he is not too interested in playing with toys but he likes to wrestle with my hand and arm and chase my feet, so now he has another cat to release his play aggression on.

Baxter is a bit aggressive and selfish, eats all the food in the house and always wants to occupy my lap when I am sitting, and Barnaby is too passive to push his way in. I've tried locking Baxter in a room for a while on some nights so Barnaby can have my lap but most of the time he just goes looking for Baxter.

All in all it has worked out pretty well. :)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Richo -- they are looking great. I'm sorry if you are disappointed by the change in dynamic, I hope everything works out as the cats continue to adjust and grow. Has Baxter gotten much bigger? Any idea how much he weighs now?

·
Registered
865 Posts
They get along much better than Julia and Moby! The closest they sleep to each other in one on top of a chair and one underneath...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts