Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
I removed the link. Obviously a scam. In four months and even if you're in high school?

Sorry, I didn't want anyone to be taken in by it.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
There's a uni in America where you can buy a Phd. A chap called Ben Goldacre crapped all over one of these TV nutritionists (Gillian McKeith) by enrolling his cat at the same place she got her qualifications. Yup, his cat is now a DSc, and is just as qualified as this woman to dispense nutritional advice.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I have made an error (passed onto me by my father) the cat doesn't have a PhD, she is a certified member of the American Association of Nutritional Consultants. (Price of certificate: $60.)

What I also didn't know was that the cat (Henrietta) went over the bridge some time before she got her certificate.

So this McKeith woman has the same qualifications as a dead pussycat. (The PhD was bought as well by her, but the cat didn't get one).

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
You need to go to tech school for at least 2 years if you want to be a certified vet tech. And even 2 years is pushing it- I have had a ton of credits every semester (16-18, and even more next semester). The curriculum is demanding, and there is just no way you could learn it all in four months. Even after earning your degree and passing the board exams, there is still a lot of training required to get you settled in and taught the 'ways' of the particular practice you work at. Some people say being a vet tech is almost as hard as being a vet- we do a ton of skills that vets don't always do, most importantly restraining, and also ear cleaning, nail trims, dental cleaning, wound cleaning, sutures and suture removal, surgical monitoring and assisting, wellness exams, client relations.... the list goes on and on and on! Vet Techs are an essential part of a vet practice and they need to be well trained!

I would not trust in the skills of someone who became a vet tech in a mere four months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts