Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a "bunch" of cats and have gotten scratched and nipped at many times and no big deal HOWEVER about 1 month ago while I was paying my bills, my favorite cat (about 16 pounds) was trying to play with a pen I was using and bit the tip of my index finger instead of the pen. Well it was a tiny puncture and I though it was no big deal. Well later that afternoon I passed out because of the pain. The next day I was at the emergency room. They put me on antibiotics but not strong enough so I went to my regular doctor and she put me on "MEGA" antibiotics and told me if my finger didn't improve that I would have to be admitted to the hospital. My finger did get better but after a month it still hurts. If you ever get bit by one of your cats don't mess around. I learned the hard way. Cats have some sort of a bad bacteria in there mouths and it you don't take care of it you could loose a finger or hand (both the hospital & doctor told me that.) I've never teased any of my cats with my hands (always used toys) and this was just one of those freaky things.......

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Wow, I didn't know it was that dangerous. I only got bit once a long time ago by my cat Twinkie and it was b/c I was feeding treats from my hands. Glad to hear your ok now.... :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts