1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
ZOMGthatwasawesome! I LOL'd several times and had to re-play it, it was so funny!

Fave bits of dialog:

"They're not aggressive. Put it that way."
"I thought you said earlier, some of them were?"
"Some of them are."
"I see. So they're not aggressive. Except for the aggressive ones."
"Exactly."

"Oh, there she is, now."
"Get the drugs. Get the drugs now."
"So, we'll get somebody to make up the drugs."
"How about a double dose?"
"Sometimes they need a double dose."
"I think we should go with a double dose."
"Hehehehehe. Okay, we'll see how the first one works."
"No, lets just double it up."

"What's this called?"
"The jab-stick."
"The jab-stick. This is a real technical operation, isn't it? You got the shovel and the jab-stick."

"You'll have your shovel ready."
"Oh, my shovel is ready."
"In case she tries to come out."
"I hit you and run."

"Can I name them?"
"Uh, well, no."
"You don't encourage that?"
"We don't name them, we number them."
"I'm gonna name them."

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Those bear cubs were so sweet. :) My sister and I asked for one when we were little, and my father, who was usually not too patient with such nonsense, explained how dangerous that would be, and how big the cubs would get. I still think they're adorable!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Its (Its'/Is's) a common misconception that bears are dangerous. As with most wild animals the problems that occur are due not understanding the animals communication. Many people confronted with a Grizzly Bear will turn and run causing the bear to see them as prey and attack.

Here's a film from Nat Geo Wild on the proper way to deal with a wild Grizzly. Don't run. Stand your ground. Stand tall and firmly High Five the bear.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I love Rick Mercer....also baby bears are almost as cute as baby kittens.

I liked the screaming one :D

And yes, they are government issue up here. I think Stephen Harper should wear one!

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
I loved that vid about Brutus.
I've also always admired Bart the Bear and his people, the Seus', too. I believe Bart has passed away and the Seus' have raised a Bart Jr and a female named Honey Bump, both born the same year Bart passed away.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
When I was a teenager I used to help a neighbor with his yearly hay harvest. For several years there was a bear that would come out and sit at the edge of the woods to watch us work. The hay feild was so far up on a hillside that we were the only humans that went up there.

Black bears are small (I think about 200-300 pounds) and would never take on a cow on purpose.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts