Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nearly five year old cat Ivan, who is neuteured, and he's had this problem ever since he was a six-week old kitten.
If he falls really deeply asleep, his back legs twitch, his tail flings out and he pees, still sleeping. If we forget to take him out of a room, he'll often do it on a bed or sofa, which then has to be washed. It doesn't smell good at all and every time he falls asleep we have to keep prodding him so he doesn't fall into deep sleep mode.
We went to vet about it a couple of years ago, and she said she'd never seen it on a male cat, and she gave us liquid medicine do give him, but it didn't do any good.
He is completely healthy in every other way, and we're all desperate to cure him so we can leave him on our beds in knowing that he won't soil it.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
What your describing sounds as if it's likely to have an underlying medical cause...essentially a form of incontinence. So I'd try the vet route again. If you think it's pointless to go back again to your regular vet, you might consider calling a cat-only vet to see if he or she has ever dealt with this problem. In the meantime, the only thing I can think of to help alleviate the clean-up is to see if you can slip one of those puppy training pads underneath him when he's sleeping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts