Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found Beef Liver - Sliced, Skinned & Deveined for $1.78/lb. Is this okay to feed?

Thank you.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great, thank you. Now, if I buy this in the store, it does NOT have to be frozen for at least 3 weeks before I can feed it to my cats, right?

Also, about how much organ liver meat (how many ounces) should be fed to an average 10 lb. cat? Thanks so much.

·
Banned
2,746 Posts
tdmom said:
Great, thank you. Now, if I buy this in the store, it does NOT have to be frozen for at least 3 weeks before I can feed it to my cats, right?
No. You only need to worry about that with wild meat.
Also, about how much organ liver meat (how many ounces) should be fed to an average 10 lb. cat? Thanks so much.
Don't obsess about it! I give a pinky-finger-sized piece 3x a week. That's plenty.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I feed about 1/4-1/2" square piece of liver to each of my cats daily. They love beef liver, chicken liver, turkey liver, and deer liver. They'll eat pork liver, but it's not a favorite.

Laurie

·
Registered
750 Posts
I feed liver and kidney as a dessert after they finish their meat/bones. They think its a great treat & that's all that matters as long as they are getting the right amount.

I've only used chicken, beef, and lamb livers. Mine prefer lamb but will eat chicken or beef.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts