Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Its been nearly a month and a half since I put my little girl in the cattery while I have been away and I am missing her so much.

I've called twice a week to check up on her and she's doing just fine. This makes me happy not only because I know that she's OK, but it's a good indicator that she will be just fine with the journey and quarantine when we emigrate.

Despite everything going OK, I've decided that I'm going to go home early as I just cannot leave her there any longer, so I've changed my ticket to go home next Sunday. The OH isn't happy but I'll (hopefully) be back in September with the kitty in tow.

After all this time of being away, will she be funny about coming home with me or nervous in her own home. Any ideas on what I can do to make her feel a little better? I suspect that she will of either forgotten me or wont speak to me for weeks.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
She won't have forgotten you. She'll be happy to be with you and home.

Pleeease keep updating us!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I'm sure she'll be happy to see you. My daughter had to leave her cat, Neko, for 2 months last Fall when she went to the UK to start her Master's degree. Neko stayed behind in Canada with my daughter's boyfriend, although they both joined her in the UK this past January. When Neko saw my daughter again after two months, he was very excited and was jumping all over her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts