Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 11 year old Siamese mix has recently started on allergy/immunotherapy shots. Years ago, he used to jump up on the couch next to me (bringing his favorite toy) or would sleep on the back of the couch. (He still sleeps with me every night.) For some years now, his favorite all day place was upstairs in the loft area either on the big chair or behind it. Since starting on the shots (I do them at home,) he has turned into Velcro kitty, either constantly on the arm of my chair, sometimes coming onto my lap or napping on the back of the couch or loveseat. I don't know what to make of it. Anyone else have any experience with this?

·
Registered
127 Posts
It's possible that your cat's behavior change coinciding with the allergy shots is just a coincidence. There may be something else going on. My indoor cats, especially the older ones, are always looking for a warm body during the winter. When the house warms up in late spring, they go back to hanging out by themselves. I've also noticed that my male cats tend to become very affectionate as they age.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts