Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Me & my wife recently adopted a feral kitten (4 mos old). We named him “Shady”. First week we had his homebase in our vacant shower room, but after we had him vaccined we relocated him into my closet room. Yesterday (3rd day after in the closet room) I tried to let him in Nightmare’s (my adult cat/half persian) home base which is our bedroom, at first Nightmare would try to sneak and pounce at Shady. Shady would fight back but there’s no hissing, nor arched back/raised hair. They keep doing this and sometimes one of them would let out a low growling sound. Then that night my wife was able to feed them together but after that they went back to chasing & pouncing at each other. Most of the time Nightmare would initiate it when Shady’s using the litterbox/grooming or laying down so we decided to separate them again and put Shady back to his homebase. Now that same night while I was sleeping, my wife told me that Nightmare would react to Shady meowing by going to the closet room door and let out this voice (this is a youtube video of Nightmare doing the voice) and just this morning he did this again after I put Shady back to his homebase.
I’m curious on why he does this because he wouldn’t stop on sneaking on Shady. Is it normal behavior for my adult cat and he’s just playing with Shady? Does this mean that I can let them be together in our bedroom?
I’m sorry for the long post and many questions. I’m looking forward to hear from you all. Thank you very much!

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
I think you put them together a bit too soon. Here are some guidelines for introducing cats:

It's absolutely fine to start over, because it will be worth it when they finally get along.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts