Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! I have a question about the behaviour in kittens. I have two kittens that are about 4 months old.

How much will their personalities change as they get older? Right now, they're both super cuddly and pretty talkative when they want something. (Food or to be picked up)

As they get older, will they continue to be cuddly if we keep cuddling with them? Or will they develop a more independent attitude?

Also, there's a similar thread on here about food. My kittens are also all over us when we try to eat. We of course don't feed them our food, but will this be something they'll outgrow? Will they learn our food is not their food?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I kind of figured about the food thing. I've only ever had adult cats before and neither of them had any interest in people food. None, whatsoever. They aren't too persistent. We don't eat in front of the TV on the couch anymore because it's too hard to keep them down. But at the table, after two or three times of taking them off the table, they give up. So we'll keep doing what we're doing.

I do hope they stay as cuddly as they are. They're very active, but also pretty cuddly. I've never really had a lap cat so I hope they don't outgrow that.

·
Registered
474 Posts
we have 2 cats that we've had as kittens and i would say their personalities in general haven't changed much. we got them at 3 & 4 months old and now they are about a year and a half. they were a bit more crazy and hyper before than they are now, but are just as affectionate and interested in us, if not more. before they seemed much more interested in play play play. neither of them were lap cats as kittens but cody is becoming particularly lappy and aster seems like she enjoys a lap every now and then as well :) :)

as far as the food goes, from a young age when they went on the dining room table while we were eating we would give them a firm "NO" and carry them off the table. at first it would take 2-3 times at every meal, but eventually they understood what the rules were and are not particularly interested in our food or when we are eating now.

good luck :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts