Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cats rule my house and control me and all it takes is 2 of them. Okay, that was the case even when I had just 1.

I had jury duty today so I was happy to be home early and had a lot of chores planned. When I got in at noon I made a cup of coffee and left it in the living room. Then I made the big mistake. I walked into the bedroom and the kitties that follow me everywhere hopped up on the bed because that's they're favorite snuggle place. I couldn't resist lying down next to Fay and petting her for a bit because she's so frenzied for affection while she's in heat. She decide to climb on me and kneed and tread all over me purring. While she was on my chest Mia curled up between my legs and started a nap. Fay went over to give her a bath and they were so cute I couldn't imagine moving. Eventually Fay curled up and went to sleep against my side. I was trapped. No coffee, no chores.

I ended up taking a 3 hour nap with them because I was exhausted from being kept up by Fay's in heat howling at night and he kitty suitors meowing outside. They've adjusted me to cat hours!!

They've also taken over 3 rooms of my house with cat toys, feeding areas, comfy sleeping areas and a cat condo.

Last night I had to do some work from home and I told a co-worker how tough it would be with the cats around me at the computer. SHe said "can't you put them in the bedroom while you do it". No way!! I'd never reject them that way

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Being the crazy cat dude isn't a function of the # of cats

That would be treating them like animals.

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
*sigh* I nap with kitties every afternoon... :)
Around our house, "I've got a cat on me!" is a valid excuse to get us out of doing ANYTHING! I can't believe how quickly my husband picked up on that and now he challenges and races me to see who can get a cat on them first so we won't have to get up from the TV (if phone or doorbell rings) when watching a movie. Definitely a perk! But it can be a detractor if you need to go to the bathroom, though...

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Oh yes, the old I've got a kitty on my lap excuse. I know it well, and use it often :lol: .

Dave you are the best kind of crazy cat dude!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts