Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a collar for Freja yesterday with a little jingle bell on it. She doesn't go outside, I just thought I could put her in the holiday spirit. She seems to like it; I've seen her walk and run without making it jingle. Other times she seems to go all out with jumping around just to make it ring. Rather entertaining until its time to sleep. Just wanted to share a cute story.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Aww! Cute!!

My girls freaked out big time when I put it on them! Whisper didn't care but it took the girls a few tries before they would only behave "semi-insane"! Haha!

Hubby asked me to take them off after a few days though - indoor cats and there would always be a jingle going off somewhere close by! Lol

I guess the cuteness of it wore off for him long before it wore off from me! ;)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My parents had a cat that would eat birds so he had a bell collar. He could do anything, including jumping up to his dish and catching birds without making that bell ring; it was impressive.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
mine have bells, but theyre useful for us (at least for me). theyre different pitches so i know whose coming. and, for little mis door darter, the jingle gives some warning that shes approaching!

Ive never noticed them particularly caring about the bells either way though. didnt seem to phase them at all. (except one time, Boo was still so skinny the collar was on its smallest size, but still just too big, it got caught in between her upper and lower jaw. It was break away but it wasnt pulling quite tight enough, and she lacked the strength to make it break away since she was still so weak. But that was the collar it self, not the bell. But the bell was a saver! if it werent for the nonstop jingling i wouldnt have gotten up to see what the matter was, and discover what had happened. we waited until she filled out some more and got stronger until we put the collar back on)

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Yea, we did the bell 'thing' on the collars... lasted about 3 hours and Sadie had her's off (collar & bell)
Several attempts of refitting the collar, yielded the same result.
For the brief time they did wear them, it sounded like wind chimes when they ate with all three bells tinging against their bowls.

B.B. was never put up a fuss about a bell. After she was fitted she would jump down, go directly outside and within an hour she would bring back a bird. <sighs> It was as if she said, "Why bother?" So the time or two I decided to be stubborn and leave it on, she would make sure she sat not too far from wherever I was and would scratch and scratch and scratch. What she was really doing was flinging the collar round and round in circles ion her neck so the bell would ring and ring... and I end up taking it off because I'm ready to loose it! LOL

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
Blaze would get a collar off within the hour, Jasper on the other hand has only taken his collar off twice in a year. We have the bell on and usually it makes plenty of noise, at first it was annoying but now I just associate it with Jasper. We need it to hear him coming since he's a door dasher, both outside and into a room downstairs we try and keep him out of, and also since once he's outside we want to be able to listen for his bell. It hasn't stopped him from catching a rat, bringing it inside, and eating it on the stairs...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts