Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Miss bella is a wonderful kitty,But she has an issue.at first it was kind of cute and funny.now its gross.my husband redone our kitchen floor with lanolium.he forgot to fix ahole in the floor before he put it down.its been stepped on so many times it has formed a perfect circle.the size of a tennis ball.Bella began scratching in it and would lay down over it ,over and over again.it was really funny.She done this for about a week.so,she started doing the samething but when she was finished she would make a bline to her litter box and use it,come back to it and cover up what she was supposed to in her box.Now when i leave the house and come back i have a smelly present waiting for me on the floor. but she doesnt poo in it when im home.she doesnt do it anywher else but ther.what do i do to stop her from doing this.she will be 4 months tomarrow.any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
804 Posts
Get some Nature's Miracle spray and use it to get rid of the poo smell... hopefully once the smell is gone she won't do it again. I'm not really sure what else to do.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Maybe the glue for the linoleum smells like poo to her? I have heard of cats using bath mats because the backing smelled like a good place to go potty.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I would make it impossible to use that spot. Clean it really well natures miracle and then cover the area. Cover it with a box, bin, book, etc...... So she is unable to use that spot. It might be inconvenient depending on where it's located but it will be worth it. I had o do this when my kitten had a baldder infection and decided a corner in my dining room was better than his litterbox. I eventually put a litterbox there because every time he had bladder issues he would go back to that spot so instead of him getting used to the idea of using my carpet as a pee pad I did this. I know....gross in my dining room??????) but really it's not all that bad. I keep my boxes fresh and clean and only my immediate family sees it. When people come over I just move it.
My cats are my family and they pretty much choose where they'd like their bathrooms to be. ( and quite honestly, we use that room twice a year. So I guess at least this way it's getting some use.....he! He! He! )

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you i will try that.but it just seems she only does it when im gone for a couple of hours.wher do you get the spray?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my moms kitty used to use her bath mats to do her bussiness.mom finally put a mat in the bottom of her box for a while.she took it out and hasnt had a problem since

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Nature's Miracle is available at Petsmart.

She needs time to change the habit. Doesn't matter when she does it. Make it consistently unavailable as Luvmyfurbabies says.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok .i cleaned it realy good.[she is looking at me like im nuts ha]i put the utility cart over it maybe this will help.thank you for your input. You are rite our kitties are our family.bella is the first kitty i have had in 15 years.she is totally different from buddy[bless his heart].if it werent for my truck breaking down i dont think i would have never gotten anouther pet.the good lord put her ther for a reason.she has been a joy and a blessing to us.i can put up with her potty mistakes as long as she dont graduate her mistakes to our shoes hahaha.thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts