Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had to have Benny put to sleep. He would not eat and was getting weak and peeing blood. After taking him to the vet the issue was that somehow his immune system turned on itself. Vet told me that even if I had all the money in the world it would not help him. After a couple hours of crying and thinking I decided that it was time to say goodbye. I insisted on being with him and the vet agreed. After breaking down yet again I looked into Bennys eyes and promised him that we would see each other again. A friend of mine allowed me to bury him at his farm.

Benny was a rescue at 6 months old. Yes he was a brat at times when he simply would not stay off the counters and the stove but he was an awesome and incredibly unique cat. He would always be in my lap ( even when I was on the toilet he wanted to be on my lap….ouch…claws ) and he loved to ride on my shoulders every chance he got. He would jump on the counter or sink and I would bend over and he would jump on and get secure. He was not declawed. He would thank me with a head rub and a kiss. His other favorite spot was on top of the kitchen counters. He would lay there and watch me as I made food from above with much curiosity

He did have other health issues…..Urinary crystals ( fixed by eating Royal Canin Urinary SO dry food ) and did have constant issues with his ears with ear infections every so often but he was always a friendly and happy cat to everyone.

He will be sorely missed. Until we meet again Benny. I love you SO MUCH. 😭😭😭

Now Mena ( look at my profile for her Goodbye thread ) will have someone to play with up in kitty heaven.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I must be going nuts. I live by myself and I can hear him meowing.

I broke down this morning when I woke up and he wasn’t there to greet me. I doubt that I will get another cat….the pain is too much. 😭😭😭

Thanks for the replies everyone.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Dear Digikid. My eyes leak whenever I take out three bowls and realize I only need two. And whenever I wonder why there's less to scoop in the little boxes. And when I get out the wand toys and expect her to be the first to come running in. And when I swear I hear her yelling at me because I had the nerve to be 5 minutes late with lunch. And that little face looking at me so innocently when we all know she was the ring-leader in whatever mischief was afoot. So no, you're not nuts. You just miss your cat.

·
Registered
75 Posts
From an old thread I found when I first joined the group

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. That at least gives me hope.

I hate how some people say that animals do not have souls. They are wrong. They do. You cannot love without a soul. I will see him and Mena again.

·
Registered
75 Posts
And remember, D, there are many cats living in shelters and foster homes that are waiting and hoping to be part of a family. In time, you may be ready to share that love again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts