Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last December my breeder´s placement queen Lara gave birth to 5 beautifull bengal kittens and one of them stayed with her mum, two uncles and us me and my fiance. And I became officially The Crazy CatLady. At least my mother-in-law-to-be may think so. One cat is normal, two is for others company, third is a symptom and fourth is something serious :mrgreen: . Now Bertha is 7 months old and just everybody loves her.

I must explain the concept "breeder´s placement", it is difficult to explain to cat people from other countries, I don´t know if there are proper term in English to it. Most of breeders here have only few cats at home and they tend to keep their retired breeding cats as pets with them. Because they naturally need new queens many places promising girls (sometimes boys, if they find people crazy enough to have full males in their homes :mrgreen: ) to trusted homes, where they also have their kittens. Sometimes queens do go to their breeders to have kittens too. My Lara is that kind of breeder´s placement queen. And if anyone knows a proper term to that breeder´s placement, please, educate me :).And now her daughter Bertha is my first own queen-to-b. And I can go to the real point, showing you my princes, SiruCats Esperanza, Bertha.

First, some teasing pics of the whole litter.

Lara with her little ones

Little snowie

Bertha, thre weeks old

Spot on spots

Bertha and her sister playins "I-Eat-Your-Ears-Game"

5,5 weeks

Bertha is BIG and SCARY!

Flying Bertha

Milk Bar is open!, seven weeks!

10 weeks

With mom visiting my mother

5 months

Cat Wheel!

And last week

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
I think I'm in love... :luv I thought your explanation of "placement queens" was very understandable. I actually think that is a very nice concept for breeding animals. ...and if you're a crazy-cat-lady with four...what am *I* with EIGHT? :yikes ...and I have had as many as a dozen!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heidi n Q said:
I think I'm in love... :luv I thought your explanation of "placement queens" was very understandable. I actually think that is a very nice concept for breeding animals. ...and if you're a crazy-cat-lady with four...what am *I* with EIGHT? :yikes ...and I have had as many as a dozen!
I am happy with my four,so you must be douple happy with your eight :D

And I too think this concept is good. I have pretty girl for my own breeding and lots of good experience about cat labor, pregnancy, choosing sires and everything with help of an experienced breeder. I got a practical course of cat breeding, wonderful friend and trustworthy mentor. Practice is very common here with cats and dogs. Naturally, all cases won´t go so rosy, but that´s how it goes when people are misunderstanding each others.

·
Registered
44 Posts
These pictures are so amazing. Totally professional and beautiful. You or whoever took them may have a new career!! Awesome kitties, love snowie!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Motley said:
These pictures are so amazing. Totally professional and beautiful. You or whoever took them may have a new career!! Awesome kitties, love snowie!

Thank you! Im not a pro, but photography is a dear hobby of mine. It´s my luck many of my friends are cat breeders or have foster kittens on their homes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts