·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Leazie said:
I find that th old fashioned scoop yourself method works the best, especially with multiple cats.
After I wrote this I found a thread with a link to a forum totally devoted to this and come to find out that the litter boxes will probably be the best. We actually have 3 litter boxes in our basement for 3 cats.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I can't remember what brand of automatic one that we had - but to be honest - good old fashioned scooping is the easiest way. I hate it, but it's the truth. (we have 4 inside kitties)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well they still sell the OLD littermaids which are the boxier versions. They worked pretty well. I have one downstairs. I have the newer version that I got from my mom when Dusty died...but it doesnt stop raking, so I just leave it unplugged.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Rikka Ru! said:
Absolutly do not get a littermaid, they do not work and
break down all the time. I recently purchased the Litter Robot, and even
though it was $300, it was the best investment possible. Got mine in black
because I thought it looked slicker - here's a link

I gotta say, thats the scariest lookin' thing I've ever seen.

Your cat uses this?

*blink*blink*

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
We have a Litter Robot - we call it the death star. It works very well and one of the best things about it is that you can use ordinary garbage bags with it - you don't have to purchase "special" ones. We have one "death star" and three old fashioned boxes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a big old boxy littermade. My main complaint about it is that changing out the container is a PITA. I customized mine though so I just use plastic grocery bags to collect the waste so I don't have to keep spending 15.00 on those plastic containers. Took the kitties about 2 months to adjust to the noise from it though. Guess I've had it about 2 years now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts