Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 12 week old kitten and a 14yr old cat and need some food suggestions. They get 50/50 wet and dry and I need a good all life stages dry they can share! Is Natures Variety good for both? I tried Acana but they’re not huge fans of it. Also, for canned food for the kitten, any suggestions? I know my older cat loves Weruva and Fussie Cat, but I wasn’t sure if those had enough calories for a kitten? What are your favorite brands of kitten food? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
The best food for a cat or kitten is one that is high in protein, fat, without grains (wheat, soy, rice, etc.) or carbohydrates (fruit, veggies like squash and peas). Cats are obligate carnivores and these additives can lead to health problems in its future like diabetes, etc.

Here's a very excellent and thorough article on good cat nutrition:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but I’ve read stuff like that. That doesn’t answer what I asked. I asked for good dry all life stages recommendations and any canned kitten food suggestions or ones that shouldn’t be fed or ones that are ok based on calories and protein levels and everything

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
If you're a biology student and studying to be a vet, as you've mentioned in the past, I would think you would have plenty of resources (classes, instructors, etc.) to answer this question.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts