Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried a few different types/brands of toothpaste for cats and found a winner? What do you recommend?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I only tried one brand, Petrodex, that comes in a package with a toothbrush and a finger brush. My cats have no problem with it. I don't think the type/brand matters a lot, what's important is how frequent you brush the cat's teeth.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it has to be daily or at the very least every second day. Any less than that and you may as well not bother! Guess I'll go with whatever the vet is selling then..it would be better if my cat considered it a treat though...

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I don't think you need to get one from the vet. They usually charge more, or try to give you an "exclusive" one, which is absolutely unnecessary, unless your cat has special need. You can get one at almost all pet store. But I don't think your cat will ever consider it as a treat. You can give him/her a treat before and/or after the brushing session :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Both of mine loves the C.E.T poultry flavor paste from the vet. They both will tolerate the brushing with this paste.
Although its found at the vets, its available online.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts