Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have been several threads about litter before. I've just been using Tidy Cat but want to switch to a clumping litter. Is it worth the extra money? I was just hoping you all could give me the ups and downs of what you consider to be the best litter.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I use Scoop Away multi cat formula clumping litter, and I honestly can't smell anything from the litterbox. The only other one i've tried is arm and hammer flushable and that stuff reeked before the cats even touched it so I went back to S.A.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Both with Mammers here and back home with my family's three, we use Simplicity Plus Crystal Blend litter. My mom says it's the best she's tried and I have no real problems with it, scooping or odor.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I use Swheat Scoop, which is scoopable, flushable, biodegradeable and environmentally safe. It smells a bit like bread when it gets wet, but other than that I never notice a smell. I like it because it is clay-free, and the dust is just harmless wheat chaff.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I use Swheat Scoop, which is scoopable, flushable, biodegradeable and environmentally safe. It smells a bit like bread when it gets wet, but other than that I never notice a smell. I like it because it is clay-free, and the dust is just harmless wheat chaff.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I've tried the following litter:

Arm & Hammer scoopable - great litter; i'd be using it now if i didn't want a "natural" solution.

Everclean - decent litter. A bit dusty.

Swheat scoop - good litter except for the insane amounts of dust deposits you will get on all nearby furniture over time. had to stop using it because of this.

world's best (corn based) - this is what i use now. it has some noticeable flaws (urine clumps tend to break up; doesn't always cover up odor) and sometimes it leaves a small layer of dust on my cats (but never my furniture - unless they jump on it).

feline pine - couldn't figure it out; cats didn't like it; seemed like too much work anyway

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Well, I've only had a litterbox-using cat for just two weeks now, so I'm not exactly an expert (our other cat, Lil' Miss Reformed-Feral, insists on using the great outdoors). I've been using Yesterday's News recycled pellets with great results. No odor, easy to clean up, and no dust. In fact, I'm going to try switching our two house rabbits over to it, as they are using regular newspaper right now, which doesn't do a whole lot for odor control.

·
Registered
12 Posts
adavis333 said:
I know there have been several threads about litter before. I've just been using Tidy Cat but want to switch to a clumping litter. Is it worth the extra money? I was just hoping you all could give me the ups and downs of what you consider to be the best litter.
Our two cats have tried EverClean, World's Best, and a few others, but we've found nothing has the clumping strength and odour control like Arm & Hammer SuperScoop Unscented clumping litter. The clumps also seem to stay together better when the rake in our LitterMaid scoops them out.

- george

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I use arm & hammer scoopable. I blend it with a bag of litter crystals. It works pretty good. I mix the crystals in to absorb the urine a little. I scoop my boxes at least once a day. With this combination it stretches out the time for a complete litter change.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts