Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been miserable with allergies this summer -- I don't know if the cats have been shedding more than usual or the pollen count has been incredibly high -- but I'm about out of my Zyrtec samples. I don't have Rx coverage, so getting a script is out. I just took some Claritin, but I've found it has not always worked on my bad days. My worst symptoms are itchy eyes and throat and stuffy sinuses.

Anyone recommend a good non-drowsy OTC allergy medicine? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I swear by Tylenol Sinus: Severe Congestion. I get HORRIBLE sinus headaches, to the point where they sometimes feel like migrains, but this stuff helps me out BIG TIME! I get the Non-Drowsy "Daytime" box. They also have a box that has both Daytime and Night-time meds in it!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I use the generic brand of Claritin (called Walltin at Walgreens.)
It works okay most days, but like you, I've found that it doesn't work so great on bad days. I know its bad, but when thats the case, I usually take a double dose and it does the trick :?

Zyrtec did work much better.
The Tylenol Sinus sounds good. I may have to give that a try.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
I have really really bad allergies. My eyes itch so bad it hurts and I would sometimes get tears and sniffles and all the bad stuff. Sometimes it'd be so bad I can't even open my eyes without rubbing them again. I swear by Alavert. They dissolve on you tongue, they look like aspirin tabs. Just take one a day!

If you want, I have 15 tabs left that expires in November of this year ( I only get allergies from Feb. - April) I can send them to you if you want to try it out. I got them from Walgreens for about $19 for 24 tabs. PM me if you're interested. :wink:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kitkat, you're too nice! I know what you mean about your eyeballs itching so bad it hurts and your eyelids getting glued shut. Sometimes I have to just lie there with a warm wet washcloth over my eyes just to ease the pain and can't even wear my contacts most of the summer.

If you want to get rid of those pills, I'll take them but don't give them away on my account if you still need them!!

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
I don't need them and it won't be good by next February either since it expires soon. I bought them in April after my allergies were starting to go away. Let me know I'll send them out tomorrow with another package I have to ship :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts