1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
***AMERICA STORES ONLY***

I arrived to America a couple days ago and i want to go to a nice store
To buy my cats some gifts

Like shampoo/conditioner/Brushes/combs - Food/treats/catnip/toys/laser pointers - beds and a scratching post or a tree that's in a small box that can fit in the luggage

And what names of the products do you recommend me getting from the list ^ like what's the most favored treats for cats? Food? Toys? Etc

Which store do you also recommend me going... "I'll be going to the stores like a couple days before I go cus I don't want the treats or food to go bad"...

Stores that are near me are Petco, Petsmart, Petland, Walmart, Target, CVS...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also maybe other accessories like the Claw Covers "if those are ok to use"
You can also suggest me some of your best items you like to buy for your cats...

Most of the stuff in America you gotta order in my country

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
LoL Joe. Can I give you a list too so you can bring back some for me :eek:)
I would suggest if you bring back feliway spray. It helps to use this to calm cats sprayed in the carrier ( not on the cat) to calm them. You can't get here and can't get it posted either. Also Da Bird and replacement birds. I would forget the cat tree, you can get the big ones for the same price here from Pets plaza and they deliver and assemble to all emirates.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Joe, I would look for a local store near you. Use something like Yelp or just google and say "pet store near city, state". You can go to a chain store like PetsMart, Pet Supplies Plus, Petco, but the prices will often be higher and they will have much less selection than a local shop.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Yes, support the local businesses who are much more knowledgeable and caring about your pets instead of large corporations who only think of profit margins and part-timers who don't know much about feline stuff or the products besides what's already written on the label. Been to the big box stores. They barely know anything if you ask specifics and cost a small fortune, IMO.

Where did you travel from, btw? If we have a clue, it's easier to recommend, I'm thinking...?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, support the local businesses who are much more knowledgeable and caring about your pets instead of large corporations who only think of profit margins and part-timers who don't know much about feline stuff or the products besides what's already written on the label. Been to the big box stores. They barely know anything if you ask specifics and cost a small fortune, IMO.

Where did you travel from, btw? If we have a clue, it's easier to recommend, I'm thinking...?
UAE - United Arab Emirates

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I'd buy what Jenny recommended: toys like da bird are great but the poles are super long; not sure you can put that in your suitcase! I'd go to the local pet store and see the stuff they have that you cannot buy in your country. Maybe some freeze dried treats are good (light and easier to pack). I wouldn't bother with food, it's too bulky and heavy, and no guarantee Tota will like it.

Side note: Make sure you know your custom and duty taxes and know what the limits are too, especially if you buy any tobacco/alcohol/perfume, etc. (Totally unrelated to pet merchandise, obviously!)

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
Purebites freeze dried chicken! They go bananas for it!
Beef Liver ones too! Jasper knocked over a cabinet, opened drawer and then ripped opened a bag. Previously he'd smelled then above my closet and taken flying leaps onto the shelf above my clothes to knock over the bag and get to them. Yikes.

But yeah, definitely check out local, smaller, stores. I find the bigger chain stores are more expensive!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts