Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone in the UK recommend a good company for cat insurance? I want to insure Tiggy who is a 5 year old Tortie & White (non pedigree) with no known health problems or conditions. She is an outdoor cat living in a town in North-West Kent.

Does anyone have any suggestions/warnings from personal experience?

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
If you have the will power start a savings account. Insurance will only pay up to a certain amount per year usually, not if certain things happen and there is usually always an excess (You have to pay so much first) if she is an outdoor cat it is also likely to be higher, and if she develops a lifetime illness- such as diabetes some companies will not pay out. Ive found it best to open a bank account, or the like and hve the will power to save money into it, and not spend it, even if you reach thousends, if your cat got run over vet bills can easily reach that much.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Best UK cat insurance

Well I've got Jimmy insured with Petplan. Zalensia's idea is a good one, but I know I don't have the will power.
There is an excess of £50, but they do cover you for lifetime conditions. The premium we pay is £8 per month at present, but that does depend on where you live. Also, it goes up as the cat ages.
It doesn't cover routine innoculations.

seashell

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've looked at petplan, Sainsburys, tesco & DirectLine, I really need to read the small print on all of these to see what is covered by each company :?

so far tesco are CHEAPEST at £6 a month. none of the quote forms seem to mention whether the cat is indoor or outdoor, a little strange I think...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts