Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to make a suggestion for everyone's pic storing/posting/resizing needs.

Check out www.imagestation.com. It's completely free, and you can store as many pics as you want there (I have hundreds)! You can also link to the pictures on any forum (never had problems before). I also have noticed that it's the best way to resize pictures for forum posting. You just upload, and you can either post the resized pics, or if you add ".thumb.jpg" at the end, then you can post avatar-sized pictures (that's how my avatar was posted).

You can also access the full size pictures by adding .orig.jpg, but you cannot link to those (but you can copy and paste to them, or there is a way to post a link TO a page showing them, and if anyone wants to know how I can explain).

I highly suggest checking it out, it has been highly helpful in every forum I've used, and I post a lot of pictures (especially over at www.team-integra.net) and I have never had a problem at all... this is the type of quality one would expect from something you would have to pay for!

Oh yeah, once you sign up, you can check out Zero's album: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289541089. The album-making feature is also very very cool, I'm sure you all have plenty of pictures you can make a nice album out of!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Louse I set up an account at Imagestation, my pics look great there, but I have a question. 1st I am a computer dummy. 2. How do I get my pics from there to here? I tried everything, but all that shows up here is a box with a red X in it. :oops: If you would be so kind as to give me step by step instructions I would be very grateful. I also viewed Zero's album and signed your guest book. Great pics. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bug said:
Louse I set up an account at Imagestation, my pics look great there, but I have a question. 1st I am a computer dummy. 2. How do I get my pics from there to here? I tried everything, but all that shows up here is a box with a red X in it. :oops: If you would be so kind as to give me step by step instructions I would be very grateful. I also viewed Zero's album and signed your guest book. Great pics. :D
In case you figgured it out let this post be here for others who have the same problem, like me this morning :).

What I did was click on the picture and the copy the link in the address bar and paste it between tags.

And it didn't work because that was the original and, like Louse said you can't link to the original.

What you do is: remove the [i].orig.jpg[/i] ending from it.
And if you want a tiny version you add the [i].thumb.jpg[/i] ending instead of [i].orig.jpg[/i]

·
Registered
151 Posts
I learned a different way to do it:
you have to upload photos in the Cat Photos sectoin and then click on your photo to make it bigger. Then right click, and select "Properties", and then copy the link that should start with http:// and end with .jpg or whatever kind of file your picture is. Then on your message click on IMG and then paste the text and then click on IMG again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.