Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I recently switched my cat Isaiah from Iams Weight Control to Nutro Nature Choice Weight Control.

Firstly, Isaiah loves the food. He is on set feedings and he seems to be more active. Isaiah is seven years old and weighted 17.4 pounds and is now 16.7 pounds after two months on Nutro.

Secondly, I have been reading the various post that recommend switching to all wet food or at least a 50% diet of wet food. Does anyone have a recommendation of a good wet food that is also weight control.

Lastly, I would like to say that this is a great forum. I come here once per month just to read. Everyone keep up the good work.

Thx,

Marc & Isaiah

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I had success in weight loss by using a higher quality food. I used to feed a mix of Purina One and Sensible Choice - those two foods aren't too bad, but my cat was overweight and I couldn't make her proportions any smaller.

I switched over to a very high quality food, Wellness, and within a few months my cat was down to her normal weight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip. I read many post and other forums and it seems the switching to a food that is high in protein and fat and low in carbs. He is on Nutro Nature Choice that has only 4.5% fiber & 33% protein. This is much better than IAMS that has 6.5% fiber & 28% protein.

I ordered a case of Nutro Max Cat Lite canned cat food. It has 8.50% of Protein & 2.00% of Fiber. I will try this for a month or two and see how it goes. He has lost almost 1 full pound in almost a month on Nutro Natural Choice Dry Food.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Unfortunatly, the carb content is not listed in the guaranteed analysis but you can guestimate the carb content by subracting the protein, fat, moisture, fiber and ash percentages from 100.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts