Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
My kittens love a small mouse that's a bit fluffy and has some rattle in it and has catnip. They chase the poor mouse like crazy. Then they love another mouse (larger) on a string that we play with them activly (don't want them to choke on the string). We have some balls, but they don't care about them, they lay on them instead. :D

Oh, and they love to play with eachother, they chase each other like crazy and uses the "bed" that I bought for them as a hide-and-seek toy.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Gaylord loves his feather wand, and carries it all over the house. Ashley thinks she is too sophisticated for toys :roll: and Boris absolutely loves the rings off milk caps and big rubber bands :lol:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ianthe said:
Gaylord loves his feather wand, and carries it all over the house. Ashley thinks she is too sophisticated for toys :roll: and Boris absolutely loves the rings off milk caps and big rubber bands :lol:
speaking of rings off milk caps, Marsh also loves the yellow plastic wrappers off Snapple Lemonade bottles, but only snapple, and only yellow ones :? :lol:

Oh, the sherpa mice look like this, and the name is actually: sheepskin mouse toy

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ok, this isn't an advertisement for kitty toys, honest!! My Malcolm will ONLY play with kitty Hoot toys by Fat Cat. He ignores all other toys!! I guess he likes their crackle

:lol:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Our guys like the furry mice. Bagheera goes wild with them.

They also like my homemade toy......a long piece of fat cording (about 36") covered with a bright colored fabric. Smuj will pick it up from one end and run around the house with it so Bagheera can chase the other end. Smuj will also sit next to it and meow at us until one of us picks it up and plays with him. :roll:

Our Garfield (RIP) :cry: would sit next to me on Sunday mornings and wait for me to rip a piece of paper from the newspaper and roll it up and throw it so he could play catch. Eventually he would abandon each piece and by mid morning our living room would be full of paper balls. We miss him so. :cry:

·
Registered
209 Posts
thankfully, my cats favorite toys are almost free! they've never been too excited about real cat toys i buy them. they all certainly like the laser pen though.

woody - milk rings. BONKERS for milk rings. also likes paper balls.
lint - little, yellow, stress-reliever type ball that came off a boat key chain. i drew a smiley face on it. he is weird. also likes plastic grocery bags quite a bit. (he's frolicking around on a big wal-mart bag as i type :lol: )
reeko - lint :p
yoshimi - cosmic catnip puffs. she's so funny...i'll ask her "where's your little ball?" and she chirps and gets excited.
buttons - anything he's been forbidden to play with...
chester - well, chester's kinda old...not much play left in him. sometimes he walks around with a toy in his mouth and yowls, but i've never seen him actually "play" with the toy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dill likes toilet paper....if we forget to close the bathroom door when we leave, toilet paper will be EVERYWHERE when we get back home..also he has a pile of old newspapers and magazines on the floor that he likes to pounce on and run under flingin the paper everwhere...if we move that he gets super mad.. :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Favorite Cat Toys

Georgie loves a stick of any sort...bamboo, stripped branch from the garden, loves to chase after it on the ground-you have to run and drag it on the ground. The kittens love playing with each other, even if the other is sound asleep and Uncle George's tail.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mija fav. is that shiny christmas decoration. the stuff you drap over the tree. she has a toy made out of it and she takes it every where.

Mija Has kind of left the toy's a side and mostly play's with LoLA 8 week olld kitten the she loves now.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Little paper balls. That is Julia's "thing" - catching them in mid air. She comes running when she hears ripping and crinkling paper, and hunches down waiting for you to lop it up in the air.

Moby liked them before but prefered smaller rabbit hair mice. However - he's gotten more attached to the paper balls after watching how much Julia likes them.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I've spent so much money on so many toys for Addison, but he only plays with two. One is a catnip stuff mouse which always ends up under my bed, so I'm assuming he plays with it every time I get it out... the other is a little stuffed thing on a string. It used to have paper strings hanging off, but he ate them all. even if he's sleepy he'll perk right up once I start dangling it in front of him. Its started smelling pretty bad lately (he doesn't have the freshest breath) so I bought him a new one. Its bigger, and fish shaped, and has a bell. For some reason or other, he doesn't seem to like it too much. I don't know if its the bell, or because its big and a little heavy... I just can't bring myself to throw out ole smelly.

·
Registered
135 Posts
By far rubber bands. No matter what I buy or how much I spend in the end - when I come back from work I will find one or more of my hair bands floating in her water bowl... :roll: BLAAAAAAAAA never use them again

·
Registered
95 Posts
we don't have to spend much money on toys for our cats...

electra (2yrs) - she loves crumpled paper balls, aluminum foil balls, rolls of toilet paper, rubber bands, and she's very good at catching flies and she ends up playing with them .. so gross

antigone (4 mo) - she loves playing with her tail and electra's tail, a little red sparkly pompom, and pens/pencils/highlighters.. especially when I'm using them

I made a couple of toy mice outta fabric and stuffed them with batting and they've got a long string for a tail, and I made catnip pillows too.

they basically like playing with anything that moves, rolls on the floor, or makes a crinkly sound. they're very low maintenance cats!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Otis loves his "Gone Fishin" wand... He's broken two and just got his third today, them spent the rest of the day dragging the thing aorund the house, hissing whenever Jazz tried to play with it... Good thing they're not expensive toys.

Jazz play with just about anything that rolls or is on a wand and flies.

Of course I think both of them think mom;s the best play toy - even when I try not to be :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
Funny you should mention highlighters! I have to give Surfboard his own when I try to read and use one. My papers have wild stray highlighter marks all over them from when he surprises me and swats the highlighter as I use it.
If you have long hair just hold your head upside down. Surfboard seems to like playing with my hair best while I sleep. Hair bands are his other favorites. I find piles around the house where he has "collected" them.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kitty_kisses said:
Otis loves his "Gone Fishin" wand... He's broken two and just got his third today, them spent the rest of the day dragging the thing aorund the house, hissing whenever Jazz tried to play with it... Good thing they're not expensive toys.

Jazz play with just about anything that rolls or is on a wand and flies.

Of course I think both of them think mom;s the best play toy - even when I try not to be :D
Do you have a picture of the fish toy??? :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts