Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago,prior to Robin being fixed,he and Smokey, a neighbors cat on the 1st floor,got into a knock-down drag out! Now, Robin wants to go downstairs to see Smokey every morning,they're buddies. But Robin expressed an interst in Leona 1 of 2 females, also on the 1st floor,and Smokey decided to defend the homestead. They were screaming,clawing,and biting. :dis Since the,I've been leery about taking him downstairs. But maybe now that he's fixed he no longer presents a threat?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
The vet said, and I've seen he's right, that neutered cats will make a few hairs fly at the most.

It's so funny to see my strays fight, they'll make noises like they're killing each other, but if you're watching you see that all they do is swat at each other 3 times (often in the air, never getting to actually touch the other) and leave each in a different direction, distraught as if they'd just been almost killed. The onlooking strays act all distraught too, and run to hide, and shake as if this was the most horrific, scary thing they'd seen. LOL The attacking cat approaches slowly, walking with their bodies low to the ground and a menacing stare, then they stand in front of each other, both swat with the right hand, so their paws usually don't even touch. I do reassure them afterwards, though, because for them it is indeed the end of the world!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts