Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed this?
I'm getting full size Pop Up ads on my cell phone now...
That I have to make go away, before I can get onto the forum!!
Is this due to the newest update, or is it a "glitch"?? :what:
Just wondering...
Thanks!
Sharon

·
Super Moderator
26,399 Posts
It's because you have so many animals. The rest of us get a little, regular sized pop up.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's because you have so many animals. The rest of us get a little, regular sized pop up.
LOL!! Leave it to you Marie!! :p
Yep, I just had another one, when I just came back!! :D
I've never minded the little ones!
But these big full scale ones, are a little irritating! :rolleyes:
Sharon

·
Super Moderator
26,399 Posts
Sorry, I don't use the phone app. Have you tried logging out and logging back in?

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll give that a shot!!

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, didn't work...they're still there...
Sigh......

·
Registered
578 Posts
I use the phone app and I get them too. I think it's how the app developers make money - by having advertisements.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
I checked this a few times on my phone. I just get the "footer" ads across the bottom of the screen when I log in. And I think I've always gotten these, so no help sorry.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I get them too. It drives me crazy every time I open the app! Half the ads I get look like the type of thing you would get a virus from clicking on.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
CatMonkeys,
Yep! It's when first opening up and it's full screen!
The little ones, like Jeff shows with his screen shot, I've always had, and have never bothered me...

I know the Pet forum app recently updated...thats why I was wondering if this has something to do with that...
OR like you're saying...Is it something "Buggy"???

I've got a Samsung GS3...
Sharon

·
Administrator
573 Posts
With the free mobile app, there are going to be some ads on it. The paid version has fewer ads on it. Again, if you get us a screenshot of what you're seeing, we can determine if it's a glitch or of it's as it should be.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, Now I'm confused!
Dear Administrator, I've got both the forum (paid member) on my home PC and the free pet guide app on my phone...since it seems, I'm rarely at home anymore, due to my work schedule!!

The small ads, which have always been on the free app, are no problem at all!
Its just since the Pet Guide update, very, very recently, that the full size ads, have started showing up...
And LOL, I'm not "techie" enough to do a "screen shot" !:rolleyes:

I just checked the "Play Store" and the only app I see for the Pet Guide, is the free one...:what:
If there was/is a paid version for mobile viewing, I'd be very happy to support it by paying!:thumbup:
Thank You for taking the time!
It's appreciated! :D
Sharon

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I get the full sized ad as well...but I don't know how to upload a screen shot of it, sorry. It's always the same one, though, called Proclear (on contact lenses).

I've checked, but I don't think there is a paid version of this app, and their recent "update" shows July 4, 2014, so I'm not sure why those full sized ads would only turn up just recently. I think it's still ok, you just have to work an extra step to close that ad before moving on to this site.

·
Administrator
573 Posts
Ok I see what you guys are saying now. When you open the app, you're going to see a full size pop-up ad that you can easily close by tapping on the "x". It's a free app that has to be paid for by someone. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts