Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Bio-Spot uses the same pesticide as the Hartz products that have killed a lot of cats (pyrethrins). It should not be used on cats. At least, not on cats that you'd like to still be alive and healthy a few days later. It's only a matter of time before this one gets recalled too.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I sent an e-mail to Drs.Foster&Smith so they could take into consideration, but I think it may fall on dead ears. I'll just have to wait for the reply to see what they have to say.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They said there's no need to worry because it doesn't contain a harmful amount, which is 45-60%(commonly found in dog topicals). Here's the ingredient break-down:
Active Ingredients:
Pyriproxyfen 2-[1-methyl-2 (4-phenoxyphenoxy) ethoxy] pyridine (Nylar) 5.3%
Other ingredients(inert) 94.7%

But they also warn about adverse reactions that may occur. BUT, Bio Spot only needs to be applied once every 3-months, so I don't know if it will be harmful.

Here's a helpful comparsion chart for diff. flea products: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/pic/article.cfm?dept_id=0&siteid=1&acatid=215&aid=449

·
Registered
709 Posts
flea

I wouldn't use it! mainly because it seems to shaky 8O (for lack of a better word)

Advantage, Frontline, and Revolution you can get directly from the vets office and there are many people who use them here without any problems, i would use one of those instead.

Best of wishes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts