Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( My kitty has to go on Friday and get a biopsy done on the lumps on his legs. I know it's for the best but I can't help being really worried. I hate the thought of him being poked and prodded. I'm probably just an over worried kitty mum but I'd hate for anything to happen to him.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Oh, that has to be very scary for you. :(
Best wishes to you and your kitty for good news from the biopsy. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
We recently went through the same with our dog. Are they doing a needle aspiration or an actual surgery?

In any case, I hope the results come back good news.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Are the bumps on the very backs of his legs on the top half? Jack and Mia had these bumps, along with rodent ulcer on Jack. They are related. Have you tried everything else first? Jack and Mia were given a steroid shot -- that made it go away but it came back. It seems to be a food allergy, because I've had them on only certain meats for a while now and they show no sign of recurring bumps. Let us know.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's had tablets and had different shots. It went on for weeks the last time and didn't do much except calm it a little but it came back worse. Vet reckons this is the best way to find out exactly what it is.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
My vet recommended trying a prescription diet first, biopsy as last resort because it is expensive. She said that it's common among cats actually -- lots of owners just don't notice it. It's called a something (forgot the word) granuloma. She said it was most likely a food allergy, and lo and behold, she appears to have been right. (knock on wood).

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Definitly scary. I would be worried too. I'm a worried kitty mom all the time :D I hope the news is good. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts