Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a little birthday party every year for Zoe since I knew her exact birthday.

Do any of you have parties for your kitties?

What do you do when you don't know the exact date of their birthday? Do you use their vet estimated birthday? That seems wrong somehow.

I suspect we'll have a fur-ever home anniversary celebration in the fall, but I'm really not sure how to deal with birthdays since I don't know exactly when they were born!

(I know I might be a little bit crazy to have a party for a kitty! lol)

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
I pick the estimated month of birth and then choose a fun day that means something to me. For example, the 3 siblings were born in May so we celebrate them on Cinco de Mayo. It's fun for all of us.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Not his birthday but I always buy MowMow something special on the anniversary of the day I brought him home.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Tuffy was rescued after his mom was killed on the road so I don't know his birthdate, but took the month the vet thought he was born in and picked a date - that is now his birthday and yes I will do something special for him on that day.

Satin again I do not know her exact date because the woman I got her from didn't remember what day she was born, but again I have an approximate month, picked a date and that's when we'll celebrate hers. :)

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Also, I think MowMow loves ripping the giftwrap from his presents as much as/more than the gift itself.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Not 100% sure of either of our cats exact birthdays.. Sammy and his sister were roughly 2 days old when we found them in the garden with their Mum. (This was at my ex's nans house and she took the 3 of them inside and up a kitty room and thats where they stayed until I 'adopted Sammy at about 8 weeks of age.
Meeka was from the pound and we just estimated a birthday for her.
I do buy them each a little gift/treat on the day we call their 'birthday'. One year we were going to be on holidays over Sammy's bday so I gave my mum some presents (wrapped) to give to him on the day and she thought I was crazy!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all! :) I suppose we'll just use the estimated dates from their vet. After having known Zoe's birthday and making such a big deal of it each year, it just feels a little sad to not know their true birthdays. I know they don't really know, but... what if they do?! Haha crazy worry I know!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Boo was born on March 17 2010 and he'll be getting a shamrock collar,treats,a cat nip toy,and a new scratching post.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Of the fourteen cats in my care, I know the exact birthdates of only two (Snickelfritz and Cindy Lou, whose births I attended). But I've always hosted a huge bash for everyone, usually in April or May. I try to find all the hidden and lost toys (50+ toys at last count) and shake them all up in a big bag with home-grown 'nip. Then, with all the kittehs in attendance, I take out the toys, one at a time, and rapid-fire them in different directions all over the place. It's madness, sheer madness. :jump

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I celebrate all my kitty's birthdays. I go by the birth dates printed on their papers from the ASPCA and for Lacey, her breeder's certificate. I usually get cupcakes for us and give the birthday cat extra treats.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all :) Good to know I'm not the only one who celebrates kitty birthdays!

The parties for these 2 will be interesting since they really don't eat any people food. Zoe had an assortment of fave people foods that she would get a bite of here and there - Kraft Mac & Cheese was her "Last Supper" meal LOL so that's usually what we'd have for the people at the party so she could get one noodle from each of us. There was also usually some chicken and a couple of times I got her a cornish hen. :) I've usually taken a small can of the Royal Canin food and "decorated" it with treats. One year I got ridiculously fancy and made a salmon foam for the "icing" LOL

I don't know what to make for the people to eat since we won't be limited to what the kitties like for people food. Perhaps this year we'll do a wild cat diet theme like perhaps trout or some other nonsense on the BBQ. Their birthdays are late April and late June/early July so lots of time to plan and likely perfect bbq weather.

Thanks again for sharing, all! If anyone has any meal suggestions appropriate for kitty birthdays I'd love to hear them. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts