Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cat bites ALOT ankels, faces, noses, arms... EVERYWHERE sometimes its playful but now hes biting harder. it used to be for attention now its everything from waking me up to when hes hungry or upset. I dont know what to do. Is it due to his teeth are growing in and hes experimenting? doesnt know that it hurts? so should i bite him back?? hehe jk .. what are some of solutions. though he did bite me on the nose gently once, but then harder on the hand, i think its because i wont let him play in his pot ... (he literaly likes playing in a big pot that we keep on the floor)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
One of my cat is biting too. Actually, Dunga was the one who used to bite all the time. Now, she switched with Yoda because Yoda is the one biting my ears in the morning. They are both 4 months old. I"m not sure why they do it. Of course, I try not to let them.

Do you think it could be because of the old & new teeth? Sometimes I have a feeling they do it just to get attention.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You think so? :D :D :D

I hope they won't bite once they are adult cats. I mean....their teeth will be bigger and I don't want to have another hole in my ear! :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
My Lilly is a bitter. She is a very sweet and affectionate cat, however has always been very demanding. When we pet her she purrs so loud and strong and she wants you to pet her entire body at one time, this is very difficult, so if you arent petting quickly enough she starts to bite. Also if you stop petting she will bite.
The bites arent hard and arent ment to be in malice, she just has so much love to give and want.
She is only 9 months old, so I think it may get better with age.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Yes please! Take a picture and post it. I really wanna see it!!!

Tigurius, I'm sorry about your other cat.... I can't imagine something like this happening to one of our cats. Do you have just one cat at the moment?

Dunga is biter too. She wants lot of attention. She is also very LOUD cat. She makes all kind of "noises". She sounds so funny when she does them.
Yoda is more quiet cat but these days she bites my ears in the morning. Last night she wasn't sleeping with us in the bed all night. I think she slept in the laundry basket in our bedroom. :) She is so cute baby... I love them both!!!

·
Registered
917 Posts
i started biting cujo back when his biting got too bad. it actually helped. i would bite him on the scruff of the neck.
never too hard, though!!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
My hubby bites them back - on the leg. I think it helped because they bite me more than him!!! :) I just can't bite them...they are so cute little babies! :)

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
LoL i remember when my partner bit vienna back, she use to be terrible, id have people asking what happened to my hands they were so badly scratched and bitten. I remember he pretended to bite her head once, started to put her head to his mouth, i remember she had a look on her face praying lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
sentimentalgirl-I checked out your website, it's great! I was just wondering, what is the other lang that you wrote it in?

Peanut bites, too! Everyone who has had cats longer than us says that it's a phase and she'll grow out of it. P's almost 7mos now.

Does anyone have any adult cats that bite?

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Vienna is one and a half years old. She very rarely bites now, has the odd time. Pebbles is 14, she doesnt bite. I think the only reason vienna does is because she gets over excited when you play with her, coz once shes done it she runs from you- so she definatly knows its wrong.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
PeanutsMom said:
sentimentalgirl-I checked out your website, it's great! I was just wondering, what is the other lang that you wrote it in?
Thanks! :) I still have to do many fixes. Also, I got many new pics I wanna put there. I just don't have any time!!! It's crazy! Work, home, kittens, sleep, work, home, kittens, sleep,........ :)
Hopefully this weekend.....
Oh, it's Czech language. Actually it's not 100% because I don't have certain characters. I could fix it but as I said I have no time. I just tried to do it as fast as possible - no wasting time.

I'm glad they will grow of it. I can't imagine Dunga biting me when she is adult with big adult teeth! :)

They don't bite me when I'm playing with them - I keep distance (toys on the strink, etc). They bite me when I'm sleeping! And Dunga when I want to pet her. :)

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Sabby will bite, but only if he's provoked. The first sign that he's going to bite is he stops purring. Then he starts thumping his tail. Then he rolls onto one side. Then he bites.

I had a friend visit me for the first time. Sabby loves visitors. She was petting him and I wasn't paying attention. I heard her yelp and realized Sabby had nipped her. I was apologizing profusely and she said, "I don't get it...he was wagging his tail!" I could help it...I laughed out loud. I keep a very close watch on him with visitors now. He loves them, but they don't know his signs to stop petting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My cat PeTe bites but only when you touch him on the lower part of his body. He has never liked being touched by his tail, only on the head and sometimes on his neck and shoulder area.. He also tends to grab your hand and put it in his mouth when you go to pull it away after petting him. :lol: He has never hurt anyone before but I do warn everyone who comes over to only pet him on his head so they don't get bit. Oh yeah, PeTe is 7 (almost 8) years old.

Another thing is when he was a kitten he was wild. He only wanted loving when he wanted you to give it to him. Now he jumps on you and makes you. He will shove his head under your hand and start purring like crazy.... and then he will give you a kiss....soooo cute .....:lol:

I do think that your kitty will grow out of it or continue to do it when he gets older just not to the same extent. :)

Here is a picture of PeTe:

He loves lying in the bathroom sink. :lol:

God Bless,

Penny :)

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Pete is such a cutey and he fits perfectly in that sink, like it was made for him perhaps?

My cat Sugar used to bite alot but now she just nibbles and gnaws at your hand but only sometimes. It seems like they're teething but as they get older it should die down. (((=

1 - 20 of 21 Posts