Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pixie has gotten to biting me constantly! It's not hard enough to hurt just hard enough for me to notice. She doesn't bite anyone else. When I pet her..she'll roll over and nibble on me and then after a few bites, she'll lick me like crazy. Sometimes she'll jump, well..climb on the couch JUST to bite me once or twice and then off she goes. Is that normal? How come she isn't biting anyone else? Why me? She doesn't act like she doesn't like me because I'm the one she always wants to lay on and I'm the one she follows around meowing. Hmm..anyone have any comments?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nibbles

I have two cats that like to nibble. My one does it when I go to pet him and he's laying on his back or side, we think it's because he's an aggressive player and doesn't know when nibbling is inappropriate. My other cat does it for attention. He'll rub up against my leg and if I don't acknowledge him he'll bite my foot but then follow up with a lick. They also sometimes bite me when they haven't been feed. Not that they're trying to snack on me but thats the hey we're hungry and we mean it warning. You're not the only one out there with friendly biters. I've never seen my cats bite anyone else but our family that lives with them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was watching this show once and it said that sometimes cats will bit because when we pet them it cause static electricity and it shocks them. Im not sure if it is true or not, but when I pet Gibson on his belly and he bites that is really all I can think of for why he would bite me. But who knows.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
if im correct from reading one of ur other posts (forgive me if im wrong) she is just a kitten, and so if just playing with you like she would a littermate i dont know if u have ever seen a litter of kittens playing, but they will chace, jump, bite, kick, lick each other, u name it they do it! to me it just seems like she is just playing with you!
what you can try is when she bites/nips then say ouch loud, ya know to say that hurt, and walk away again in litters when one cries out the two usually stop fighting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have 3 cats. They are a year old. Anyway, My one female cat jumps into may lap and gets comfy. AS I pet her, she licks my arm or hand and nibbles lightly. I asked my Vet and a few other Cat people. All of them said its a sign of Love. (IF it doesn't hurt that is). If the cat is comfortable and does that---she is doing it out of love. I truly believe that. :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
Gibsonsmom said:
I was watching this show once and it said that sometimes cats will bit because when we pet them it cause static electricity and it shocks them. Im not sure if it is true or not, but when I pet Gibson on his belly and he bites that is really all I can think of for why he would bite me. But who knows.
My cat sometimes doesn't like his belly being touched - I guess it's quite a vulnerable area. And he only lies stretched out with his belly exposed if he is feeling completely relaxed. It's fine for me to tickle his tummy then, but any other time and he bites me really hard.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 6 month old kitten, and my vet says that the kitten bites me because he is just young and doesn't know not to bite. He thinks this is a way to play around. I agree that when they bite you, you have to say ouch really loud and walk away so they realize that this is not playing, it can hurt you. Otherwise, they will do it on a continuous basis. Some people have mentioned getting a spray bottle and wetting the cat when he bites so he learns that is a bad thing to do, but I feel that wetting my cat makes him mad at me, so I didn't like the reaction I got from it. My kitten will only bite me too, because he knows that I am the one in the house that gives him his playtime. Everyone else just wants him to be quiet and sit still. I'm sure you and your cat are the closest and he feels that you are the one he should play with. Just make sure he learns to play the right way. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
debbie_bears said:
Hi, I have 3 cats. They are a year old. Anyway, My one female cat jumps into may lap and gets comfy. AS I pet her, she licks my arm or hand and nibbles lightly. I asked my Vet and a few other Cat people. All of them said its a sign of Love. (IF it doesn't hurt that is). If the cat is comfortable and does that---she is doing it out of love. I truly believe that. :D
Yea, Miss Kitty does that too ;) I was wondering what that meant, now I feel special! We love her back... :catrun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts