Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2 year old cat Blackie is not herself. If she moves around too much she throws up a yellow liquid. i know she needs a vet but i dont have the money till friday. is this a life-threatening situation? will she be okay until friday?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I would take her to the vet now, that sounds pretty serious. Ask your vet if you can pay the money later (or at least some of it later) and hopefully they will be willing to work something out with you.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Unfortunately, this COULD be a life threatening situation 8O Does your vet do any kind of payment plans? I know mine does, and it has been a life saver (literally). Keep us updated!!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Ditto what everyone's said. This is an extremely serious situation. If she keeps throwing up, she's in danger of dehydration, and other life-threatening complications. Sorry Blackie and you are going thru this, hope you're able to work something out with the vet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im happy to report that Blackie seems to be doing a little better she hasnt thrown up today and even ate and drank . she still walks a bit stiff although she made it upstairs today which she couldnt do yesterday. shes got a vet appointment in the country in the morning. thank goodness my baby sister is a vet student and has connections. she says it doesnt look life threatening to her because Blackie was drinking a little last night and didnt throw it back up, she goes to the bathroom, doesnt have diarreha, eats a little wet food and keeps it down, and when you pet her she doesnt tense up and become stiff.. she just purrs. maybe she got into the ant trap which obviously wouldnt agree with her. all my other cats are just fine aside from being jealous about Blackie recieving extra attention. ill keep you all posted. thank you all soo much for your care and concern its really great to know i can come here and have support when one of my babies is down and out or just to talk about how wonderful the all are . thank you all again ill let you know what the vet says .........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts