Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a decent one?

There's a huge price difference, from a mini solar-powered one at petco for $3 (very mixed reviews, and I hate solar-powered stuff) to a "professional" one for $40.

:eek:

·
Super Moderator
18,399 Posts
For finding pee spots?

The bigger the better and electric powered, not battery or solar. I had a small battery powered one...it wasn't strong enough and in order to find the spots it had to be just a few inches off the carpet. So I was either bending or crawling around on my knees. Didn't make for a fun time.

I've never done this, but it's what I've seen recommended. Go to a Home Depot or Lowe's or whatever home store you have and get an under the counter florescent fixture (usually about 2 ft. long) and a black light bulb to go in it. And an extra long extension cord if you don't have one.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, there's been a slightly funky smell in my house for months, and I've been cleaning everything I could think of. It doesn't smell like cat pee, but then a few weeks ago, I found a couple of spots where Mr. Casper had sprayed, and last week, a bunch more, which have all gotten the Nature's Miracle treatment.

The smell seems to be going away, so I assume the spraying was at least part of the problem. I don't see anything else, but who knows what's still on the walls or along the baseboards!

Thanks for the suggestions. I was going to get one of those small flashlight types, but the fluorescent strip light is a great idea.

I have them under my kitchen cabinets, and my electrician happens to be coming tomorrow to put in a new light on the screened porch (for the little sprayer!), so I'll ask him. He often even has stuff in his truck with him so I might not even have to move to get one. :D

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
I REALLY like Doodlebug's suggestion! :D

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
WELL! I was going to suggest an LED flashlight type thing, but leave it to Doodlebug to bring out the big guns, lol. No chance of failure there at all! :grin:

·
Registered
834 Posts
SHESH, I feel your pain Sprite! I have been doing exactly that crawl around the floor shining a small blacklight torch 2 inches off the carpet after discovering that Tyrion has been having a hosefest. Thanks to Doodlebugs excellent advice I have just ordered a 2' long blacklight. LET'S LIGHT THAT SUCKER UP!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts