Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sniff. I'm suffering from my first head cold of 2009. Feeling pretty rough actually. Am at work - and have the feeling I didnt ought to be.

Lots of sympathy requested ;)

·
Super Moderator
18,393 Posts
We can sympathize together...I have a cold too. And it's snowing, sleeting and freezing rain outside. Generally just a miserable day. I'm glad to be working at home in my jammies.

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
doodlebug said:
We can sympathize together...I have a cold too. And it's snowing, sleeting and freezing rain outside. Generally just a miserable day. I'm glad to be working at home in my jammies.
Brrrr. What horrible weather! Britain is in the grip of icy weather too. Its been -10 degrees C or so in some places ....

Still, on the positive side, I'd rather have a head cold in winter than in the heat of summer.

Get well soon, Lisa ;)

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
melysion said:
doodlebug said:
Brrrr. What horrible weather! Britain is in the grip of icy weather too. Its been -10 degrees C or so in some places ....

Still, on the positive side, I'd rather have a head cold in winter than in the heat of summer.
Exactly. A proper excuse to stay in, watch junk tv and wrap yourself up like a mummy, with the Ginger Terror as company.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Poor Allie! Go home immediately, eat a bowl of chicken soup, and crawl in bed to keep warm!

Feel better soon Allie! :patback

Gosh, I haven't had a cold in about 3 years! (*as she knocks on wood!)

·
Registered
377 Posts
:patback Accept my deep sympathy. I´m sneezing...

Berlin -14°C last night - and black ice today.

Let´s hibernate! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Sounds like many of you need to get our the cozies (comfy clothes), tea and some kitty cuddles. If you can go home Allie, please do. You will recover so much faster if you get some rest.

Feel better soon! :patback

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Colds are no fun! I am currently suffering from one. It's spontaneous, and strikes every couple of hours with really powerful symptoms. And then disappears. Off and on, off and on. I guess it's better than constant sniffling, but it's still no fun.

We should have both taken a sick day! Have some tea, that always helps when I am feeling sniffley!

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. And I hope everyone else who has a cold gets better soon!

I know its only a minor thing, but colds are indeed no fun. I'm about to sup some soup and go to bed. Toby is a very good nursemaid :D

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Not wishing to be a Job's comforter but I hope it doesn't turn into that awful flu that's going round. Loads of people I know have had it (including me :( ). Its really grim - I couldn't get out of bed for 3 days.

But mostly I think that one starts off with a sore throat and cough rather than sniffles. So here's hoping that yours is a jsut a cold and you'll be feeling better very soon.

seashell

·
Registered
408 Posts
Total bummer Allie and everyone else that is suffering from colds and/or flu symptoms ... hope you all feel better soon.

A little trick I learned last winter ... Take ZICAM !! This stuff really makes the cold symptoms go away way faster. As soon as I feel a little under the weather, I start using it and I'm usually over my cold in a few days instead of a couple weeks. The rapid melts or nose drops seem to work the best.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts