Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow my church's sister parish is doing a blessing of the animals at 11!
I've never been to one. Does anyone have a church that does this?

It won't be Robin's 1st time in a church! I've taken him visiting lots of times when I was in the neighborhood!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
how interesting! I've never heard of that. Pls tell us how it goes and what it like and how many people actually bring their animals.

I went to an energy healing class once and they said they occasionally have one specifically for animals, but I haven't gone yet.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I have been to such an event. It was an Episcopal church. I took my son's pet snake to be blessed. Unfortunately there was a woman there who was afraid of snakes and she took her animal up first and left right after. I felt sorry about that, but God made the snake as well as the dog and the cat and the bunny..

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
They've done it a few times in the parish church nearest to me but somehow I've never made it there. I think it's a lovely idea.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back! It was cold and windy this morning, but people came! There was a couple with a rambunctious Collie,,and a guy with 2 beautiful Airedales. I thought Robin would have a problem with the dogs, especially the 2 young Airies who were very curious about what was in the bag (his soft carrier). But everyone got along. Pastor Jerry did a general blessing, then blessed each critter individually. I've got pics and videos!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts