Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who are familar with me have read my posts about my blind cat fosters. I blathered on and on.

If anyone would take the leap to adopt or foster a blind cat it would change your life for the good and its easier than foster kitty with eyes!

This cat is in a kill shelter in Sacramento and needs to be pulled immediately or they are going to euthanize her. All dog/cat pounds are not organized to keep animals long or help special needs animals. It nothing but a killing organization. Cats rarely have a chanse to get back out esp blind one.

If anyone could help this kitty I wanted to cross post her.

Sacramento CA URGENT! This is a kill shelter, Sacramento County Animal Shelter contact Dave Dickinson at [email protected] or 916-591-3372. He is there Sun-Thursday. ID# A541535 7 year old blind female, very sweet Needs rescue or home now! Please cross post

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thank you Greenport ferals. That was sweet of you to say. Perhaps it was meant to be as my husband and I were planning on going to the Sac area this Sunday to see our son. He actually said I could foster her! That means he'll be okay with it I end up keeping her but I will try to find her a home and see what happens. Maybe this will help fill the huge hole in my heart left by Lady and Nellie.

I emailed the shelter asking if they will hold her till Sunday but I'll call tomorrow to make sure.

I must be crazy. :kittyturn

·
Registered
426 Posts
YAY! The second I saw her I wished we had more money, I would drive up to Sac to get her, but the hubby says no. Please keep us updated Tigress. She would be so lucky to have a home with you!

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
How do you think a blind cat would do in a multi-cat household?
Considering all the drama in your life right now with your neighbors and the fact that you're well over your legal limit of cats, I don't know if this is the best idea. You're obviously going to have to lie to the adoption agency about your current situation.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Considering all the drama in your life right now with your neighbors and the fact that you're well over your legal limit of cats, I don't know if this is the best idea. You're obviously going to have to lie to the adoption agency about your current situation.
Of course you're right, what was I thinking? But she's not at an adoption agency, she's in a kill shelter. I would not even consider it otherwise. The last thing I need is another cat. The reason I got in this shape in the first place is an inability to turn my back or walk away. I never wanted any of them. Dogs are my real passion but...I can't ignore a hungry cat, just like I could not ignore this blind cat once I opened the thread and realized she was not that far from me.

You're right though. I can't save them all. I'm over my limit. Thanks for the reality check.

·
Registered
293 Posts
She's being rescued!

I got this email from the shelter! :kittyturnSo things will work out for this lovely cat!

The cat is being rescued this weekend.

David Dickinson; Interim Director
Sacramento County Municipal Services Agency
Department of Animal Care and Regulation

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Great news!

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
I got this email from the shelter! :kittyturnSo things will work out for this lovely cat!

The cat is being rescued this weekend.

David Dickinson; Interim Director
Sacramento County Municipal Services Agency
Department of Animal Care and Regulation
Whew! Now I feel *lots* better! Yay for the blind-kitty!
h =^..^=

·
Registered
293 Posts
I can't tell you how relieved I was to get that email. Because once having read the thread, suddenly I felt responsible. Marie's reality check (thank you Marie)made me feel awful and heart broken.

It's my husband's fault though. I rely on him to be my reality checker and he let me down this time. But I guess he thought it would make me feel better about Lady and Nellie so he didn't want to rain on my parade. I know it wouldn't have though. Nothing can really make me feel better about losing them.

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
I have to say I thought I was going to be flamed after my post. :( But I know how you feel, I want to adopt every kitty who needs a home. I try to stay off Craigslist and Petfinder now. Although someone (I won't name names) keeps sending me links of adorable cats who need homes!!!!!!! (Yer killin' me!)

Renting keeps me in check, as does my financial state right now.

·
Registered
293 Posts
No, I sincerely appreciate the reality check. I'm glad you weren't flamed! The truth is, I could go down to my own county kill shelter and find a dozen on death row. But my responsibilty is to the cats I have now. I hope this blind kitty gets a wonderful home with someone who can devote all her/his time to making her happy and comfortable.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts