Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This food is awesome! Baxter is almost 15 pds while Albert is around 10pds...he's a big cat with big feet. Since they were little, we've had them on Iams Kitten (dry) and Iams Kitten (wet three times a week).

Baxter has always been very slow and pokey...but we assumed it was because he was so big. Albert would fly in and attack Baxter...Baxter would fight some then walk away. He always kinda moped around.

We switched them to Blue when they hit 8 months...and Baxter's mood has changed since the first 24 hours he was on it. We still mix it with the last of the Iam's dry. Baxter runs around the house, jumps up on top of the cabinets (he couldn't make it before) and he even looks like he has lost some weight. He is very active now and I attribute it to the food.

We're almost ready to switch there kitten wet food out (three cans to go) so what wet food would you recommend? Blue can be found at Petsmart and we prefer a brand we can get there as well. Thanks!

·
Banned
410 Posts
I got some free samples of the dry Blue catfood and not one of my 4 cats would eat it! They are such brats! :wink: I thought the food looked neat with the blue pieces in it.

Anyways, I shop at Complete Petmart (they carry Blue) and I have tried a few different wet foods: Wellness, Innova, and Nutro. My cats seem to like them all--some more than others, of course. I'd say to try several and see which one your cats seem to like the most.

·
Registered
282 Posts
My girls have been raised on NutroNatural dry and Wellness canned, and they love it. Wellness comes is so many flavors, three different can sizes, and doesn't smell bad to me. My cats like all the flavors except for Chicken & Lobster, which even my piglet won't eat.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Rayona you have seen the Wellness in a large can?! (13 oz) I can't find it any bigger than 5.5 oz and I assumed it didn't come any larger than that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
PetSmart does not carry Wellness to my knowledge. The most "premium" food I've seen at my PetSmart is Nutro Natural Choice. Some Pet Smarts carry the Blue Buffalo. Otherwise they carry Iams, Science Diet, ProPlan, Eukanuba, Authorithy, and Royal Canin.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Newt: This is one of my favorite brands too :) Not only can the main ingredients have a large impact on physical health, but different preservatives used can also have a large health effect, even on a metal/mood basis! Something which is normally very over looked.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm feeding my babies Nutro MaxCat wet and Nutro Natural dry...(75% wet, 25% dry).....I use to feed them eukanuba dry..until I was made aware of how crappy it was...From all accounts, Nutro seems to be a high quality food....Waltham is good too, which they sell at petsmart.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone! :D

I was reading up on how the coke-top-can food can be bad (possibly caused by the sealant). We looked, but could find no 15oz cans of Nutro, so my wife got a few of the wet bags.

This morning I mixed it in with some of their Iams kitten food and they ate it up.
8)
Anyone know if Petsmart normally carries 15oz cans of Nutro? Maybe they were just out. :?

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Rayona said:
My cats like all the flavors except for Chicken & Lobster, which even my piglet won't eat.
They have this flavor?? Hmmm, gotta get some now....But right now I feed my cats Innova, all of the Wellness flavors (except Lobster), Solid Gold, and Nutro Natural pouches. I have 2 piggies <<))

1 - 10 of 10 Posts