Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took this today, Jan 5. Bobby, our stray adoptee from last year, our sleek panther (he's now a "teenager") and our new stray adoptee Callie (calico, 6 mos), on the bed. Callie's been a member of the family for about 2 months.

Bobby's grooming Callie, and it's so loving and delightful that I wanted to share. Also note how our bed is totally taken over by the cats. Upper left corner, the huge mouse called a "Bucky" which is one of the best cat toys ever. They can hold it with their paws and bite and use their rear claws at the same time. And it's heavy fabric, no way it can be ripped, and also filled with catnip. Yummm

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
That's one of those...Awwwww moments! Very precious! Bobby has turned into a very handsome lad, and Callie is beautiful! :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now it seems that we'll have to buy a 2nd sofa, too. The current one is all taken up:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The toy is actually called "Bucko" -- I got it wrong at first. It's the best darn toy ever.

First, it's huge. Cats lie on it as a bed or pillow, and they can hold it in their front claws and teeth and rake it with their hind claws.

And it's impossible to damage -- no metal parts, none of the "vanity" junk that's added to bad quality cat toys to make the humans like them. As you know, feathers and riffle trim can harm a cat's digestion. But this Bucko is made for cats. It's thick and padded, and the tail is a tightly woven cord without any metal connections. The inside of the Bucko is also filled with high grade organic catnip.

And no, I don't sell them, ha ha. I'm just passing on the name. My old cats always had a Bucko and they loved them.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Katdad,
Where do you find those?
I'd love to get a couple of them at least!:)
Sharon

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some vets carry them and you can order them online. I'm not sure whether they're in the large pet supply stores like PetCo or not.

Another great mouse, a little cube of hard felt, is the "Tuffy" mouse -- it's just squarish and has a thick cord for a tail. Zero frills which cats don't care about anyway and zero pieces to break off and swallow. Tuffy mouses are small but are also cat faves.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Thank You!:)

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Oh my goodness. Just so precious!!

I'm so glad that Callie's been completely welcomed by Bobby. RJ must be looking over both of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts