Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that I have the bossiest cats ever! They have only lived here approximately 2 weeks and they have me trained already!

They're both very vocal, meowing, purring, chirping and such all day long and they "yell" at me to tell me what to do :) If I'm not playing with them, or if I'm not in the right room or if I'm making food for my OH and myself they use various vocalizations to communicate with me.

Also, they wake me up in the morning around 630 or 7am by attacking my feet to get me up and into the kitchen to feed them wet food.

My OH laughs at me, chuckling at how the girls have me trained and are comfortably adjusting to their roles as queens.

Anyone else have similar "bosses" living in their home? I don't own my cats, they own me ;)

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Oh heck yeah. MowMOw is lord and master of me. He dictates when i go to bed, when I get up and where I spend my time in between (if I'm at home).

When he wants a nap with me he hollers until I get in bed, no matter the time of day, and I have to wait for him to get settled and fall asleep before I can slip out and go about my day.

When he decides it's meal time he starts climbing all over me until I give in and feed them. It's not just sitting on my lap and purring or meowing it's using me as a human jungle gym until it drives me out of my seat and into the kitchen.

When he wants to use the box and it's not clean enough for his taste he stands in front of it and hollers until I come clean it.

When I eat something particularly delicious he sits next to me with one paw on the fork hand...just to remind me that he's there and waiting for a taste or..the whole plate.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha MowMow sounds like a nice master though :)

I'm glad my experiences are normal. I'm a first time cat owner, but my OH has had cats all his life. I'm just astonished how vocal these girls are! They really are ordering me around!! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I thought I had a spoiled brat too! Thank goodness I'm not alone! She trills at me and herds me. She decides when her meal times are (luckily and thankfully I started her training when I first adopted her with a 6 am meal and a 6 pm meal, so that's the times she meows to remind me!) She walks on my computer for attention. She walks on me for attention. Phew!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I can tell you that my black cat was an attention hog for sure! I'd be right in the middle of working on my computer, or doing something else, and he decides he wants my attention, so he'd either jump on my bed and chirp at me to pet him, or if I'm watching TV, he'd jump on my lap, and then sit there and look at me as if he was in desperate need of petting. Some of you already know he had to be put down last Monday, but it was the right thing for my grandma to do. She told me a few days before that he'd most likely have to be put down, and I'm glad I had plenty of time to prepare.
Anyways, what I said above is what Nubey was like after he got used to me & my grandparents. He was a silly cat, and a friendly one too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts